Two Radios, Two Operators, One Ship

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by wfirebaugh, Sep 20, 2014.

1. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

I was asking my wife about playing with me in this hobbie at a point if she wanted a ship of her own Il have to build hers and mine she will just run it and me with my own ship, or we could duo up with a battle ship one runs the ship its self with one controller for movements while the other runs the turets with a second controler. are there aney rules about that sort of thing?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

RE: two radeos? No rules against it at all. If it gets your wife into the hobby, it's good :)

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

RE: two radeos? No rules against it, but it probably will be harder to run a ship that way than the normal way. Think of trying to drive a car with one person handling the pedals and the other the steering.

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

RE: two radeos? It actually works pretty well, as long as you communicate. My brother's ship, the FNS Gascoigne, was built to allow up to three persons to operate it. One person driving, one person on the front turret, and one person on the rear turret. Having a gunner frees up the skipper to focus on maneuvering and tactical positioning, while the gunners focus on firing. As long as everyone involved know what the primary targets are, and the ship's arcs of fire, it works out quite well.

The downside is that a single well-coordinated two-person battleship is not as effective as a well-coordinated pair of single-person battleships. And since most people eventually want their own ships, most two-person combos do not last long. Then again, that might not actually be a problem, if your wife tries it and decides she wants her own ship...

5. PrepmasterNick

PrepmasterNick Active Member

I'm debating trying this. Might be more effective than the loaner ships. Just have a second radio and receiver ready to go.