TX/RX compatibility?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Kotori87, May 6, 2009.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Hey, folks. I'm looking to get a replacement receiver for my Hitec Laser 6. While shopping around, this little gizmo caught my eye:
    http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-GWR6NII75F.html
    Unfortunately, I have had trouble with TX/RX compatibility in the past, and I don't trust myself to accurately judge the compatibility for myself, so I'd like you guys to help out. The TX I'm using is a 5-year-old Hitec Laser 6 on channel 79. I don't even remember what the receiver was, because it was KIA at the end of 2005.

2. Droidling

Droidling Member

Carl,
    I've used both Hitech and GWS recievers with my futaba transmitters. I don't believe there should be a problem using them the other way around.
    Terry
    P.S. My Spektrum had a dead battery the other day and I tried binding a transmitter like you bought at the fleet meeting to it. It was doing some kind of weird mix on the two channels on the right joystick. I had the standard rotate and fire on it. When I pushed the stick forward it would rotate the turret.o_O It might be because it came out of a heli. Please check out the TX/RX that you bought. If it dosen't work for you I will buy it back.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

It's working just fine in my tank. The servo-reverse and mixing switches were acting a bit strange, but I got it to work just fine.

4. Droidling

Droidling Member

As long as it worked out. I just didn't want to leave you with something that you couldn't use.
    Tower has the same receiver in a 72 MHZ version and they specifically list it as Hitech compatible.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...9&P=BR
    FYI: Futaba & Hitech are negative shift systems the 'N' in the part number means negative. GWS also has a version of this receiver in positive shift for JR/Airtronics. If you go shopping for price don't get the wrong one.

Edit: Here is another source to get the 75MHz version a little cheaper.
    store.caliberhobby.com/gw-r6nii75-h-f.html