Vex robotics

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by donanton, Sep 5, 2007.

1. donanton

donanton Member

You guys might have heard about the vex robotics remote and receiver set that is so cheap. Wreno, whatever his name on this board is, Wryne is checking a RX for the vex that will make it viable for this sport without the need for a decoder. It would work with the 6-channel setup.

If I wrote anything wrong here, please correct me.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

If it can be made to work without a decoder, that'd be great :) There are places to get 6-ch radios w/receiver for <$100.

3. donanton

donanton Member

The system works! And it costs under $75! 4 channel analog, 2 channel digital, and a 30 foot range.

4. Tugboat

Have him post a how-to on the site here!

5. donanton

donanton Member

I should have the reults posted here this week.

6. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Just spotted this. The Vex is compatible with the the microreceivers form MicroBotParts.com, both the 4 channel, shbown on their web site, and the 6 channel, which is not shown but is available if you e-mail them. Those receivers use the Vex RX crystals, too.

It is also compatible with the Sombra Shadow 3 and SL-8 receivers from Sombra Labs, and the Polk Seeker RX's.

There is a full discussion of the radio on the NTXBG.org knowledgebase here - please check the How To section for the gotchas.

Cheers,

7. Tugboat

Gentlemen, I have conducted testing on the VEX transmitter... It will work, unmodified, with the Futaba R127DF 6 channel receiver. Moreover, the VEX receiver crystals work exactly as they're supposed to when you plug one into the Futaba receiver (for reference purposes, it's a double conversion receiver). I tested all six channels of the VEX transmitter with an S3003 servo, and it works as it should. This is very nice, as I got a great deal on 3 VEX transmitters and have some Futaba receivers laying around after their transmitter died.