Video Post

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by mikew, Jan 24, 2009.

1. mikew

mikew New Member

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I absolutely love it!!!!!!

If its ok with you I'm going to advertise the crap out of it?

3. mikew

mikew New Member

Glad you like it Justin. Just my way of contributing a little.
    Sure, do what you like with it. I can make more too you know.
    Thanks for all you great work on this site.

Mike

4. mikew

mikew New Member

And hey Justin, I also have a couple articles on RC Ship Combat from some Scale Ship Modeler magazines from the early-mid '80's if you are interested.
    I just don't know how to post then on here.
    Be glad to scan them & post if you can tell me where/how.

Great site,
    Mike

5. JustinScott

Two years ago, I promised a wiki. I will deliver within 2 months. That is the PERFECT place for your articles. The other option is Jeff Burn's knowledge base. I don't really know how to contribute to it. You'd have to ask him.

I see the wiki as a place for sharing knowledge, definitions, and how to's that change frequently (ie in development). I think Jeff's knowledge base is for how to's that will never change. So his might be a good place for your articles. I'll try to embed his knowledge base into this site soon.

6. JustinScott

You might also want to submit them to Kenny for the scuttlebutt newsletter... A 'throw back' section would be pretty cool..

7. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, that's a very cool video. I liked the skippers in lawn chairs during the "brave captains" part :) I have one request, though. I recognized some footage that I filmed in there, and I'd like to see some mention of your sources in the video description. I'm also curious where some of the other footage came from, because there was some great action in there!

8. mikew

mikew New Member

Hi Kotori,
    Sure, I would be happy to give you credit in the description. Just tell me what info you want in there. I could even ad some credit at the end of the video if you wanted. I didn't mean to step on anyones toes by using the clips without their permission and I would certainly remove any clips from the video if it was causing any kind of problem for anyone.
    I just pulled the clips off of Youtube videos I saw.
    It would be fun to make more videos for the site to promote the hobby, I just need some more great footage like the stuff you shot.
    Mike

9. JustinScott

What'dya say Carl; he's already got it posted... Perhaps letting him off with a slap on the wrist, if he promises to remember to post credits next time?

10. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Certainly, that's fine. I love the video, and I don't want you to take it down or anything. Just add a little note in the description to the side, something to the extent of:
    "footage courtesy of..." and list the people whose footage you used. If other youtube users are anything at all like me, they'll read the description for information to follow up on, and listing the youtubers whose footage you used provides one more hook to encourage them to join. If you're feeling generous, maybe you'll provide a link to each person's profile who you borrowed footage.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's a really good idea to list important URLs in the video description. 1) club website and 2) the RC Naval Combat website. I'm going to add those to my videos as soon as I'm done reading through the stuff here.

11. mikew

mikew New Member

You got it Kotori!

12. JustinScott

Thanks! ;) A plug or two is always a good thing... especially a utube one!

13. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Say I know where some of the video came from LOL Nice work great music I like it