Wannabe

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jbird, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Jbird

Jbird Member

Hello, my name is John and have been wanting to get into R/c naval combat for over thirty years, but have never taken the plunge. Many years ago I read an article in the old Scale Ship Modeler about Combat Warships in eastern Europe (this while the Cold War still exsisted) in which the ships were pre-dreadnoughts and have been interested in pre-dreadnoughts since then. With the growing interest in "Steampunk" warships I find myself getting the fever again. I started following this forum with the "Age of Sail" forum.

2. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

John, where are you?

3. Jbird

Jbird Member

Down on Old Cape Cod; Hyannis.

4. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Member

Hi John I'm with the New England Task Force a local club. Welcome to the hobby, please let us know if you be interested in joining our club.

5. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

welcome John
    Have questions ask away.
    Buddy

6. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

We are having the Northeast regionals in Coxsakie NY on the weekend of Aug 22nd. If you are interested I'm sure someone could dig up a loaner boat. You would be most welcome to join us. See the Events page on WWW.IRCWCC.ORG. Talk to DemonWolf about the club in your area, I believe they will be coming to the battle for Ming's moat also.

7. Jbird

Jbird Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. I know that different clubs have different rules and requirements for the ships. Is there a place I can find the rules used by the Neew England Task Force? What caliber does the NETF use in their ships?

8. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

New England Task Force is an IRCWCC club (Fast Gun) Go to www.IRCWCC.org for info
    Barry

9. Jbird

Jbird Member

Thank you for the info.

10. Vandal

Vandal Member

Hi John,

Sent you a PM.

-Vandal