Wanted: Brandenberg Predreadnought plans

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by glaizilla, Jun 12, 2011.

1. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Looking for German Predread plans named brandenberg, beleave sisters were Worth, Kurst Fredrich Willhelm, and a fourth ship that im forgetting, had the twin 11" amidships with 35 caliber length barrels, fought in WWI and also some were sold to turkey....

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I have never seen that one and I am pretty much a plan addict. Clark von Tugboat may have one on his hard drive of mysteries but I can not say.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

mmmmmaybe ;) You know that I hate to disappoint, or to have the breadth of my archives in doubt. A strange little ship. I have plan, profile, ribs, turret drawings, some other drawings, and even a pic or three. Or 10.

4. Anachronus

Well since you have never published a finding aid, this archivist did not have anyway to ascertain the contents. Now I considered it likely that you did have them so that is why I invoked the name of the Axis plansmeister! :)
    I don't think the Brandenburgs to be strange, I think they are interesting. A few feet longer and they would have nicely prefigured the Dreadnought revolution. It was the 11" 35 cal. guns that messed them up. Would it have upset the Kaiser to stretch the design by 2 meters to make the midships guns match the fore and aft ones?

5. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Tug, what amount of monetary compensation would you need for what you have for the brandenburg?

6. Tugboat

MMmmmm.... none? Probably won't have time till tomorrow or possibly the weekend but no charge.

7. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

That is Awesome Tug, I've looked and looked online and never could find more than very rudimentary line drawings.

8. Tugboat

That's why the hard drive is famous :)

9. Anachronus

Or infamous...which is more fun anyway.

10. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

So long as that hard drive is properly backed up. Methinks you should copy it over to an external HD and mail it to me, just to be safe. Wouldn't want any evil Allied saboteurs sneaking into your computer, would you...

11. Anachronus

12. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I would purchase a shiny new drive and send it to Kapitan Von Tugboat and cover postage back to me... all in the name of safekeeping of course.

13. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I might just have a 3TB external drive, ready and waiting to store a backup copy of this infamous plans collection. Once I phase up and have more than a 75 mile liberty radius, I'll see about getting down for a build session (study hours permitting)

14. Tugboat

My health issues last year got me to thinking about ensuring that the accumulation of data is not lost if I go on eternal patrol. James is my designated successor to maintain the archive, I will look into making copies. I need to finish some scaling and cleaning of the plans before I am totally happy, I really must do that before Gascan gets done in Charleston so that I can conveniently pass copies to him for himself and Carl. Other people, I'll announce when I have it ready, and make sure I'm not infringing any copyrights. It will be issued under some sort of general public license type thing, and generally to people who I know from here or real life.

15. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Real life? Do you mean RCNC isn't real life??

16. Tugboat

Hehehe... a better phrasing might have been 'in person' :)

17. Anachronus

I prefer surreal life but it can go either way. :)