WANTED TO BUY a japanese hull or ships

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by DeletedUser, Jul 8, 2008.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

guys i need a japanese ship and i can be any ship or hull from destroyer on up but mostly a mogami,Kuma class or a SHIMAKAZE CLASS destroyer

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

In your Signature:

The spelling should be Tirpitz.

3. ProfessorChaos

ProfessorChaos Active Member

I know you're on a budget. Buy a set of plans and some wood.

4. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

He said he would be getting into some money this summer I believe that would be great to get him going and in the water he has waited a long time now [8D]

5. klibben

klibben Member

I've got a Kagero DD hull I might be willing to separate with...

6. Powder Monkey

Klib do you think it may be a bit much to do a DD for a first timer ?

7. Powder Monkey

And doesn’t Kagero have a big superstructure that would be a big balancing act. I don't think I would want to try that one

8. Powder Monkey

wait a minute I wouldnt want to build it any ways it has the wrong flag on it [;)]

9. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Yea, an axis destroyer, what is the idea. Not only is it axis(*i spit at the name, pfff*), but its a destroyer, which is like trying to fill a cup with all of the things you need. That wouldnt be a good idea.

10. klibben

klibben Member

haha, jeez... I think someone is jealous of the axis war machines prowess....

11. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

jealous? are you kidding? I would never

12. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

how much we talkin bout there and i only got about 2 or 3 hundredcommin my way in the next few weeks
    and buyin a already completed DD is alot better than buyin a hull and every thing else

13. klibben

klibben Member

Well sean - do you WANT a destroyer?

They can be hard to get used to, and go all willy nilly all over the place. They require more custom work than say a cruiser, and depending on how you build it you'll need some expensive parts (like say a rock the boat regulator). I haven't decided on a price for sure, but it wouldn't even be close to $200 so you'd be fine if you did decide to go with it.

14. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

how much more or less

15. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Sean, you can buy a cruiser hull for not a lot more than a destroyer hull... and it'll work. Don't read the threads about 'beginner destroyers' and think it's easy because Wookie* and Carl* and other similarly experienced people are saying it is easy... seriously. Buy a cruiser or battlecruiser and save yourself a lot of grief. They actually go together a lot faster and easier. There's a reason why everyone, including the guy standing to make money on the sale (Kenny being an honorable man, well done K), are asking 'ARE YOU SURE?'...

Go buy a Cleveland, a Prinz Eugen, or a Kent... Good solid ships that will give years of good battling. Or if you must have a Japanese hull, buy a Mogami from wherever David got his, Australia I think. It's a nice looking hull, too.

*Not calling you out, guys, just 'easy' for people of your skills is different, ya know?

16. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

We understand Tug, and the construction part will not be easy, plus the additional cost of all the smaller parts, in this case smaller, means about 100% to 200% more costly.

But if wants it, he should get it. I will let him know now that I have already asked Kenny what the price will be, but I will only buy it if Take passes and does not want it, since he asked first. Which is only fair to him.

17. webwookie

webwookie Active Member

I'm not saying that destroyers are easy [yet].[:p]

take_down, you've seen at least some of the images around of the internal configurations people use in various hulls. Regardless of what size/class of ship you go with, keep in mind that each one will have its own challenges, some of which will require more creativity than others to overcome. Smaller hulls appear to often require more money in addition to creativity to overcome those challenges.

18. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I am willing to sell Sean a 'scratch&dent' Kent hull cheap if he can stand to drive allied. I think it'll be easier for him to build and get running without a lot of headaches, might even save him some money (no super-lightweight parts, etc)...

$90 + shipping. Special Sean-only price, the hull has an air bubble in the bow i'd have to fill with resin, and some minor ugliness, that's why it's a 'scratch&dent'. If you buy it, I'll mark where to cut the windows and where the stringers go.

If you really want a destroyer, buy it and we will all give you the best advice we can as you build it. :)

19. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

i can go with that and ill have the money in a week or so,my neighbor has a ton of tools so i can use him for that, but i can go with a american ship though

20. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

sweet deal tugboat very nice of you. good deal take_down good things come with time so dont rush it.think alot as you make it. Tugboat some guy in my club just found your site http://www.rc-artwerks.com and i told him he could find you here.i dont know what he is looking for tho