Wanted: unarmed ship or hull for target.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Volkswagen50, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Volkswagen50

Volkswagen50 Admiral (Supporter)

I'm looking for a ship or even just an old hull to use for target practice. A single motor would help, even if it was originally a multi prop ship. I will be fixing the rudder at a slight angle anyway so it just sails in a large circle. It's what happened in real life to most ships. I prefer 1/96, will consider all.
    Let it die, not collect dust.
    Thanks!

2. wrenow

wrenow RIP

You could tow a foil bread pan or other baking pan behind a ship or toy boat - makes a satisfying ping when hit.
    Or, if you want it self-propelled, use a self-contained toy motor from a toy shop like this one: www.amazon.com/PLAYMOBIL%C2%AE-7350...ref=sr_1_6
    or this:www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tam/tam70153.htm
    Just a couple of samples out there. I have also seen toy outboard style motors. Or, you could use an inexpensive pump as a jet drive.
    Lots of suff you could press into this type of service.
    Cheers,

3. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

I've got a 1:96 yard oiler kit I'll sell you. At 22 inches long and very little freeboard it would be hard to hit too. $20 plus shipping.
    It's the bottom one. Shown in this picture is just what comes in the kit.
    [​IMG]
    Completed
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
  4. Volkswagen50

Sounds good to me! Let me know how to complete the transaction, I'll pm my address.

5. gunner250

gunner250 Active Member

thanks posting that website to get hulls probly where ill get my fist battle ship

6. Volkswagen50

Got the yard oiler kit in the mail today, very nice! 2 days from. FL to IA, the post office rocks!