WANTED: USS Arizona hull

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by BoomerBoy17, Jul 29, 2008.

1. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I would like to see if anyone is selling an Arizona hull with plans for around $160? This would be my rookie ship(although i am not 100% sure, because i am also looking at the HMS Lion). This is not a "I am going to buy", but more of a "I am testing the waters and am interested in this ship, but will look to others if the price isnt right". Thank you for any and all help, Boomer.

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

If you can't find the Arizona, you should look at the Colorado class (AKA Maryland) hull offered from BC. It's 20 bucks more then you want to spend, but remember, that includes the main turrets as well...which you'd have to make for the Arizona as well, so the cost savings might be illusionary.

3. BoomerBoy17

yea, i was looking at that option, and i really like it, im just gonna look into a little more. Thanks for the help mike.

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

No problem. My goal is to get you into a boat you're going to enjoy battling, at the best price point possible.

Something else to remember about the Maryland type battleship is that she has slightly more hull volume then an Arizona so she should be able to take a little more damage theoretically. To be honest though, I don't know if it's enough to be noticeable.

5. BoomerBoy17

Im still looking into it. The choice is between the colorado class battleship or the Lion class(for $100 less). So im not sure, and im going to have to talk it over with dad, and see what he thinks

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think Boomer the Lion would probably be a better choice. Look at the speed of 24 vs 26 for a Maryland/Arizona. With your speed you can get out of trouble just as fast as you got into it. As this would be your first build I would look for a simple first ship to use. Once you have battled and found what style you prefer then you can build others that would suit your style.

7. BoomerBoy17

Yea, thats where i was leaning lately, also, 4.5 units is easier to build, to maintain, and is less expensive then a 5.5 unit ship. I wish they (BC) had something that looked better then the lion, it is a very bland ship.

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It may be a bit bland but then that just means less maintenance when the superstructure takes bb hits. i would think of the first ship as a learning experience. Once it is sucessful and sees combat then look for a nice ship that you want.

9. BoomerBoy17

Oh, very good point, i wasnt even thinking about that. That is a good thing, and it might be a while before i make a second ship. Im will be a junior in high school this fall, and i have to start visiting colleges, and after that, college(which is very expensive at the colleges i want to go to), so it might be a while before Ship II. But i cant wait to make the Lion, with help from my Dad, and the surrounding club members(sorry monk, that means you too[:D]). No, i know im going to get alot of help from everyone, and i am looking forward to it

10. mightyKG5

mightyKG5 Member

BoomerBoy17 im building a lion you should go for that good ship

11. klibben

klibben Member

Shameless Plug:

Visit THE COLLEGE OF WOOSTER! or if you want a big school, THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!

haha, that's the end of my recruitment for the summer...

12. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

13. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Boomer, you're close to Don Fisher, He just retired his Lion, You should see if he wants to sell it. It is complete and you would get a big jump start on the building of it. He is a member of Monks' NETF.

14. klibben

klibben Member

15. BoomerBoy17

Thanks rob, but i really want to build my first ship, because if i buy one, itll cost more for me(i need to spread the cost out), and it wont be as much fun. And funny you should say that klibben, i have been looking at Worchester(yes, that's how you spell it), Ohio State, Penn State and Virginia Tech

16. klibben

klibben Member

Well actually my school is spelled THE RIGHT WAY. haha. www.wooster.edu . It's a small liberal arts college.

17. BoomerBoy17

oh, i though you were making fun of worchester. sorry

18. klibben

klibben Member

haha, nope ... sorry!