Washington Cascade Column

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JustinScott, Aug 18, 2007.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Soooo... Since I'll be moving into the area, tell me what you know! :)

How often do they (we) battle? When is the next battle? It is IRCWCC right? How long of a season do they have? How far is it from kennewick? What happened to their website?

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

http://www.eskimo.com/~phill/wcc/index.html

Not a terrifically active group. It needs new blood (and some of the old to more closely follow the rules) we don't generally make too much fuss about people experimenting and whatnot (so long as you don't take advantage of it) but it has also gotten to a point where the "don't take advantage of our laxness" has gone too far in one case. Google search Cle Elum, WA for the battle site. I probably won't make the next battle as I am going to be in the process of closing on a house and am generally a bit frustrated with the boats right now...

It will be good to have you up this way.

-Greg

3. JustinScott

You live in spokane? The battle site is closer to me than you! :) As long as I have 2 more people to fight with I'm happy.

4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I battled with this group a few times when I was first battling and there wasn't a local group to fight with down here. Really good group (I thought) and the Cle Elum pond is a great place to battle. That was a few years ago now though.

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to look into the Queen's Own club in 1/72 scale, too! I haven't heard much from those folks recently, but I bet they're still active. Heck, there's even a few 1/72 scale battleships available down here in California, if you're willing to pick them up and are crazy enough to arm 'em.

6. JustinScott

[as homer] Hmmmmmmmm.... huge battleships.... *drools* aaaaaaaaaggghhh....

I have been talking with the guys from QO; their problem is they have lost their pond and are actively searching for a new one. I will definately spend sometime with them (don't know if I'm going to fight with them) when I move out there.... in T(minus)40 days!

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

There's a really cool website from Queen's Own's affiliated club in Argentina, la Flota Cruz del Sur (Fleet of the Southern Cross). If you can read Spanish, it's an entertaining read! Even if you can't read Spanish, they have a lot of pictures of some wonderfully-detailed ships to look at, on the main page.

http://www.combatenaval.com.ar/