Where should we start?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fanny Oldfield, Feb 17, 2016.

1. fanny Oldfield

fanny Oldfield New Member

Hello,

I live in Nassau Bahamas and i am a mother of 2 boys (8 and 12 yrs old). I came accross rc warship combats online and think it would be a fantastic hobby to do with my boys. It looks like a lot of fun!

Could you please guide me on where to start? Where would it be the best place to buy everything we would need? Is it best to get one already built and one that we need to put together? Would love to have 2 battleships and a cargo ship. I would really appreciate any advices on how i should get started to make it a really fun experience for us.

Thank you very much.

Fanny

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Where to start:
    Step 1: Make sure remote controlled ships with co2 powered bb guns on board are legal in the Bahamas.
    Step 2: Do you have a suitable body of water to play on? (if you're battling in salt water you will need to put a special effort into rinsing everything down with fresh water)

If the answer to those are Yes! then you have to consider ships. Used ships are often available, but often have their own challenges. There isn't really a 'standard' way everyone does things, which means each ship has its own set of quirks. Building your own though without anyone local to help isn't without difficulty either. Both routes will probably end up costing about the same amount of money. Important questions when deciding to buy used or build fresh: What manner of experience do you have with electronics, construction of things, etc. What tools are available to you? How much time do you have available?

Our primary hobby specific suppliers are BattlersConnection ( http://battlersconnection.com/ ) and StrikeModels ( http://www.strikemodels.com/ ).