wish to build ships on something smaller than 1/72 scale!!

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by zbond007, Apr 23, 2010.

1. zbond007

zbond007 Member

hey im a builder of 1/72 scale warships but as i look around i see few and i wish to do more battle any one have a scale that they recomend? also a good battleship and a destroyer to start with and basic plans?

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly, 1/144th scale seems to be the most popular for model warship combat. On the scale scene, 1/96th looks like the most popular scale.

For what ship ... pretty much anything you want to build. There is a saying: Build what you want to build for the first ship. After you have battled that ship for a while, you will have a better idea of what type of ship you want for the second ship.

Destroyers are not easy builds at 1/144th scale. They tend to be small, narrow, and need special consideration to keep the weight down. Again, I would recommend waiting on a destroyer until you have built a ship.

Lastly, find the clubs closest to you. Even at 1/144th scale, there are at least three diffrent rule formats to choose from. You have a better chance to building and battling a ship if there is someone close by to help out and battle with.