WTB

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by BigDenny, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BigDenny

BigDenny New Member

I'm interested in buying a partially completed or completed kit of either a warship or a merchantman. If it's in poor condition, that's all right with me, I'm just looking for a model to refurbish and get out on the water. I do plan to use it for combat; however since this is my first boat I have no preference on whether it's big gun, fast gun, or treaty.
    If you have one available, shoot me an e-mail at BigDenny1020@yahoo.com as I usually don't check the forums very often.
    Best Regards,
    Mike

2. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

If I looked at the your profile correctly you are in or near San Diego. There is a fast gun club near LA and big gun near SF. Both are a reasonable distance to travel for events. The styles are vastly different in construction. Just some food for thought.
    Das Butts

3. BigDenny

BigDenny New Member

Thanks for serving our country! I'll definitely check out the clubs you mentioned; after reading a little more on the subject I think I'm more interested in a fast gun club.

On your signature you mention you have a Normandie. Do you have any pics of her?

Best Regards,
    Mike

4. tsolson55

tsolson55 Active Member

Hey Mike,
    My name is Todd and I live in Laguna Hills and I belong to SCRAP. Which means "SO Calif. Region Attack Partol".
    We battle the 1st Sat. of every month out near Prado Dam near Corona. This is the web listing for our club and it has all the info anyone would need to get out to watch and see your really interested.

http://www.scrapcombatships.com/
    Come on out and check us out. It's $10 for entrance to the park. Hope to see ya on April 7th.
    Todd/Skippy

5. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Mike, just sent you an email. Hope to see you out at Prado on the 7th!

6. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

This is the link for it's page on this site.
    http://rcnavalcombat.com/OurShips/tabid/106/agentType/View/PropertyID/353/customFieldIDs/58/SearchValues/Normandie/Default.aspx
    If that doesn't work then just click "our ships" up top and under "class" select "normandie" then hit search. There are a few pictures. The stern above the waterline is not scale in shape. But it is a nice model.
    Das Butts