WWCC Last Man Standing Pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Rob Wood, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Rob Wood

Rob Wood NAMBA Rep

Thought I'd share a few photos with you from our Last Man Standing cage match in October of 2009. This is a battle to the death in a very small, enclosed area, with the last ship afloat the winner by default. If there's interest, I'll upload more.
    [​IMG]
    Torpedo cruiser Haguro refused to sink for what seemed like an hour...​
    [​IMG]
    But Davy Jones can't be held off forever.​
    [​IMG]
    Italian torpedo cruiser Scopione scores a mighty hit on U.S.S. Iowa​
    [​IMG]
    Atlanta (background) takes advantage of Krueser P's target fixation on Iowa to score a torpedo hit​
    Rob Wood
    WWCC

2. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Ooh, exciting photos. Did you get any of Ben's kill with the unarmed transport?

3. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous. its cold here.... i need to move to calif.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Yea me too. I WOULD love to live there and do this year round. Great pictures!! More please more!!!

5. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

6. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Heh, I wish it were year round battle. IIRC, some of the Australians and possibly guys down in LA are able to do that, but we don't. We have to swim for sunken ships, so we take a break for the winter once it becomes cold enough to need a wetsuit to go swimming. Still, it's nice to have a couple months down time for building, and it provides a clear beginning and end to the combat year so we can hand out awards and deal with rule changes and elections.

I expect to get more video and photos this year. I already have a new waterproof video camera (the Traxxas RC Hero), and am looking at getting a new digital camera to take stills at 30FPS and high speed video at up to 1000fps. I may miss a few events (something about a two-month training cruise to Asia), but the cameras should be at each event and recording the action.

I thought I saw some photos of Ben's Neosho sinking, and kills he racked up afterward. The Tegetthoff got stuck on the float line, as did the Juneau. At the end of the round, Tegetthoff's pumps were turned off to save battery power when the recovery diver entered the water. Instead of recovering the still-floating ships, the diver went after a sunken ship, and Tegetthoff went down and took Juneau out as well.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I was looking at the Go pro Hero Camera. Anything you can tell me about this camera from your personal experience using it will be very helpful to me. I plan to order this camera this year.

8. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, so I can't really comment much on it. The good news is that it fits inside the barbette I am using on my VU, so I might be able to link it to the forward turret rotation. It also has a bunch of extra mounts, so I can give those out to other captains and get a different view if I want. There is also a HD version that might be good.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Np. If it's small enough to fit in a Vu Turret than That is perfect for Yamato and Bismarck. I Actually want to mount it beneath the hull to film the lake bottom as the model sails or when I sail my RC subs and have Yamato film it.

10. krijn

krijn Member

Curt
    are you looking for a soft spot on the bottom for your Yamato ?

hehe
    Krijn

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be great too. Least the ship is documenting any activity above it as it rests on the bottom.