you guys are the devil in disguise...

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Jumper, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Jumper

Jumper New Member

I now know why this is called the magnificant obsession. All I can do now is search ebay for saws, plans, milling machines etc....

I was almost asleep too (and I really need to be!) when I just had to see if the company I got my mold material was still in business...

horrible, just horrible!!

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Who, us? thats aweful.............really nice of you, thanks.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Jumper, before you buy a set of plans.... email me. The hard drive is full of such things...

4. Jumper

Jumper New Member

Hi tug - when I got out of the sport - I had about 30 sets of plans [:D]

I am happy to take you up on the offer though. If I have anything you don't (doubtful from the sound of it) I will be happy to email you a copy.

Most of my plans are redrafted into Adobe Illustrator though but I can export into any format.

5. Tugboat

My local print shop prefers Acrobat, but can print from tiffs as well. I've kind of made a hobby of finding plans online and saving them to the hard drive. After that, I scale them up, clean them up, and post them on this site when I get time.

But I also do requests :)

I have loads of French ones from the French Navy Historical Branch site. Pretty good selection of Brits, and WWI Germans. I have almost all WW2 Japanese cruisers, and some Russian ships (just got Rurik last night). I was really thrilled to find the US 4-stacker DDs, too. The area I am most lacking in presently is American ships :( having only the Alaska, Nevada, Gearing, 4-stacker, and Indiana (predread).

But I like to stockpile them so that if we get a prospect, I can help lower the entrance cost with free plans

6. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I have builders plans for the Louisiana. Many sheets currently unscanned.

7. Anachronus

RURIK? The second one built by Vickers? 4x10" 8x8"? Coolest looking armored cruiser ever built?

No I am not excited by that.

8. Jumper

Jumper New Member

I can add the Fletcher class destroyer to your set. Let me dig those out - I think they are on my old laptop hard drive.

9. Tugboat

Thanks, Steve, that'd be great! James, are you thinking of having the Louisiana plans scanned in?

And yes, the second Rurik, the coolest looking Armored Cruiser EVAH! Yes, I have a full set of plans :) With the bonus of front, rear and side plans of the turrets, plus a whole page of detail drawings (cranes, stacks, deck tackle, etc).

10. Anachronus

I am planning to have them digitized yes.

Rurik II is a ship that just needs to be painted black. It is that cool. Until they ruined the lines by adding a foremast. A real pity she did not complete until 1910 or so. Obsolete at birth.

11. Tugboat

For her day, she looks almost science-fictiony. I don't know why I think so, but I do.