For Sale 1/144 Bismarck and Northampton for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Parallax, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Parallax

Parallax New Member

I have two untouched hulls with the respective kits and hardware for sale. They were both bought many years ago from Strike Models to be built for Non Combat, but I ended up going the 1/96 scale route.

First is a 1/144 Bismarck. Hardware includes three motors, pinion and gears, props, shafts and all the parts for the stuffing tubes. Two rudders and steering linkage, as well as motor mount and other small components. There is a fuse holder with fuse. It has precut deck, foam superstructure, along with plastic detail parts and pattern for the stack. Also included is are the vacuum formed main and secondary turrets. I am asking $300 plus shipping.

Second is a 1/144 Northampton. Hardware includes two motors, props, shafts and all the parts for the stuffing tubes. One rudder and steering linkage, as well as motor mount and other small components. There is a fuse holder, fuse, and wire. It has precut deck, foam superstructure, along with balsa for detail parts, and stack lids. Also included is are the vacuum formed main turrets and flags. (The picture shows 2 fuses but one of them goes with the Bismarck) For the Northampton I am asking $225 plus shipping.

I do have instructions for both models, but there is some water damage. I live in Maryland so if your in DC or North VA I can also meet up.

Attached Files:

darkapollo and Justin Ragucci like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Dude, I want to know what's up with that little British cruiser (D class?) in the background...

Otherwise, I'd make you an offer on that Northampton, but sadly I have too many botes as it is. (sigh)

3. Parallax

Parallax New Member

Hi Commodore,
    Your very close, that a C class cruiser, HMS Cardiff. It is in 1/96 and is wayyy over motored. That was the very first scratch built ship I've made and a big reason why I gave up on the RC Combat idea. I ended up enjoying detailing, more then punching BBs though the boats lol. I have a build thread over on model warships underway if you want to look at it.

4. Terry Keef

Terry Keef Member

The bismarck would be a tempting purchase. Someone is going to get a good deal. I am just not ready to go back to a big ship yet.

5. Parallax

Parallax New Member

Hi all, the Northampton has been sold, Bismarck still available.

6. Jack Webster

Jack Webster Member

Hi Mike! I plan to be nearby soon. Best, jw

7. Jack Webster

Jack Webster Member

First chance to meet an enthusiast in the craft. Hats off to Parallax! Glad to coneect with you and many thanks for bringing Bismark to the airport. The packing was brilliantly done making transit a snap. Bismark had a fine ride to her new home.

Attached Files:

notSoGnarly likes this.
  8. Jason Boulanger

Jason Boulanger Captain (Supporter)

Still available? Will u ship?

9. Jack Webster

Jack Webster Member

--->> Sold, ... to me ))

Not for sale yet, I went to Va to pick it up. Lucky stroke work took me close. Shipping these can be troublesome. Just getting ready to start construction. Good luck in your search. Cheers!