1/144 Canadian Hull Updates

Discussion in 'General' started by Bob Pottle, May 4, 2008.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

More 1/144 British carrier hulls may be in the works. Ralph is considering the HMS Victorious/Illustrious/Formidable and has detailed plans. I may have a go at the WWI&WWII HMS Argus and/or the Hermes.

Bob

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sounds good I am looking forward to receiving my hull from Ralph

3. Bob Pottle

Ralph's Graf Spee and Florida/Utah hulls are now available.

My HMS Furious mold came off the plug an hour ago and needs a couple of evenings of sanding and polishing before use. I'll be on vacation for most of July but can take orders for Furious hulls beginning in August. The 18" turrets should be available by then.

Bob

4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Awesome! Would be nice to see some of the early US battleships make a name for themselves. I know the Axis has something of a monopoly on the 28sec battleships though. ;)

Also glad to hear of the Graf Spee being available again, that's a great ship to start in or just to have fun.

5. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

BC sells I 400 subs

6. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

You want to see tall superstructure? Take a look at the Fuso

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/Fuso-2.jpg/300px-Fuso-2.jpg

7. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Hey, that's my boat! And yes, she does have a tall superstructure. The better to sink allies with, muawahahaha.

8. Bob Pottle

The first HMS Furious hull came out of the mold this morning. No gelcoat defects, so it just needed trimming and fine sanding.

The lines are sleek and curvaceous with a very wide bow flare. The wider bulges make it a little more impressive than the Courageous hulls, whose plug was modified to make the Furious mold. It dwarfs my Indefatigable hull!

I'm happy this 5 year, on and off again project (which narrowly avoided scrapping), has turned out fine. Photos to follow when I figure out how to download them to the computer. Next step is to make a mold for the 18" gun turrets.

Bob

9. Bob Pottle

HMS Furious and HMAS/HMS Albatross hull photos have been posted in the 'Photos' section. Enjoy!

Bob