1/144 Lusitania

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by __Titan__, May 16, 2018.

1. __Titan__

__Titan__ Member

Hello, I’m not currently building a warship but rather a 1/144 rc Lusitania and I’m currently planning for the superstructure and I can’t come up with a way to make 1/144 life boats.

I’m wondering what people usually do for lifeboats if there’s somewhere I can order them or a way to make them.

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I always got mine from a local club member who resin-cast lifeboats by the dozen. Nowadays you can 3d print some, order them online, or carve them from balsa or foam (old school!). I believe there are a few people on this forum who make resin lifeboats, hopefully they will chime in soon.

3. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

Several people on here have been very gracious with providing boats for me, I will gladly do the same for you when you have your build thread going and are getting anywhere, close to where you will need them. I look forward to watching your build.
    Hope to see you on the water.
    Craig
    PM me your address and ill send a couple out for you to examine

4. __Titan__

__Titan__ Member

Thanks! I hope to post something next week, I've decided to try a tape hull fiberglass method. I won't fiberglass for a while though because we've been having some cold rainy weather.