1/144 VOTING RESULTS! (too many caps!)

Discussion in 'General' started by Tugboat, Aug 20, 2007.

1. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I've seen their Arizona hull and it's very nice. Of course it's from the same molds as the Swampy hull, but it's a very nice hull.

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I've seen, touched, and nearly drooled on a Strike Models Arizona hull that was at the last Treaty Conference. It is very very nice!

3. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Strike Models does use the same mold as Swampy, but not the same fiberglass shop. Our hulls tend to be thicker than what he did (and they're also a white gelcoat with a pink interior, making them a bit distinctive).
    Here's a page that has more information about the hull layup, compsition, and thickness: http://www.strikemodels.com/hull-construction/.
    Keri Morgret
    Strike Models

4. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Any news on a Nevada Hull?
    Buddy

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I still have the plans, and Stephen asked about plugs in progress; I finally got my exam date for the NCLEX (nursing licensing exam) which is next Thursday at 0800. So no boat work will happen till after then, and I am not going to attend this weekends' battle (which hurts because it's the last one I could've made before spring) in order to study. I want to battle, but this test is a 'affects your whole damn life' kind of test.

I think Nevadas are beautiful ships; we shall see...

6. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I can say for sure you'd get two sales from me (you know, being from Nevada and all, plus my dad is from Oklahoma) since we've tossed around building two ships side by side here locally. But, real life comes first. ;)

7. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

If someone is interested, I happen to have a bulged nevada plug that is partly finished that I am not likely to finish any time.. well... ever...

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I can attest to the better quality of the hulls. I just received my Missouri kit today and I am blown away by the high quality of the hull, the decks and the overall package. Thanks to the entire team at Strikemodels for a job well done on this kit! It arrived today in the worst kind of weather we have seen here in a while. The box was damaged but fortunatly everything inside remained intact. The missouri bow was poking through the end of the box but thank god I had an extra layer of matt reqeusted to be applied to the hull. Now just awaiting for the deck templates.