1/72 scale ships

Discussion in 'Construction' started by zbond007, Apr 22, 2010.

1. zbond007

zbond007 Member

I am a builder of all types of 1/72nd scale model from kit and from scratch the largest completel model I have is a 1/72 scale model of the USS Alabama which has a length of 9.44 feet (113.28 inches) with a beam of 1.5 feet (18 inches) and a draft of .15 feet (1.8 inches) pretty big. But I am working on 1/72 scale of the DKM Bismarck, which has a length of 11.43 feet (137.16 inches) a beam of 1.64 feet (19.68 inches) and a draft of .42 feet (5.04 inches) it is almost finished 89% complete the only thing left is the armaments I have yet to decide on its armaments so I would like to have some input on it the Alabama had the full armaments in ball baring gung that were fitted in the turrets and each turret was able to rotate and the guns able to be remotely elevated I takes a team of about 8 people to accurately control the weapons system not including the person who controls the ship movement I plan on similar details for the DKM Bismarck but since I have to use multiple radio systems for just the Alabama I would have to find multiple systems for the DKM Bismarck that would not interfere with the system on the Alabama if I were to battle the two together also I would need to make sure I don’t interfere with other teams ships….
    Any suggestions?