1/96 Surcouf build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by ish311, Jan 5, 2015.

1. ish311

ish311 Active Member

I am away from my full shop, plans, and my kongo. so i started another project that i could get on pdf this week. was looking for some I-400 plans but i may just make my own later depending on time (if i do i will post them on the site) and the surcouf popped up as an interesting and amusing ship to build.

1/8 balsa with 1/8x1/4 stringers in three places. need to figure out how i am going to get a battery in the ship but that will be done once i find the 45 degree line on both the top and bottom hull and get it planked so it has rigidity and flex resistance.

from looks it looks like i put that stringer just under the 45 degree line of the top hull but plans can tell me otherwise.

FullSizeRender.jpg

zip ties are handy things for clamping ridged ribs.

2. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Ooohh....Me likey

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

There are some photos of our 96th scale Surcouf in the photos area. In the Battlestations shipyards thread.

There are a few shots of her on sea and gunnery trials in the photos area. In the MNCC Task-Force 1 thread. We have not entered her into combat as of yet, as Vance wants her to be able to submerge first.
    Mikey

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

https://rcwarshipcombat.com/threads/mncc-task-force-1-photos.442853/page-2#post-485488

and

https://rcwarshipcombat.com/threads/battlestations-shipyards.442074/page-5#post-483339

appear to be the threads Mikey is referencing

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. ish311

ish311 Active Member

cut out the keel... didn't see it actually had a plunge keel. easy fix.