12VDC equipment question.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Jay Jennings, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi All,

So I am converting to 12V and have a couple questions,

The write up for the
    COMBAT GEAR DUAL GUN PCB from battlers says it can be used for 12VDC through a BUSS but the
    COMBAT GEAR RX BUSS 6-8V says not for 12V systems. The same thing seems to be true for pump controller.

The
    COMBAT GEAR MULTI-C appears to be the solution. Is it or is there another way to solve my (power distribution) problems?

The PDF manual for the Hobby wing QuicRun WP 1060 Brushed (6oA) ESC does not say it will work with 12V (disappointing to say the least), what ESC do I need to use in a 12V system?

Those are the big ones for now, thanks!

I am sure I will come up with others,

J

2. Litch42f

Litch42f Well-Known Member

3. Litch42f

Also this has been recommended in the past by another forum member. Interestingly enough he also made a whole post about 12-24v systems and compatible components. Unfortunately that useful source has been removed.

http://www.revrobotics.com/rev-11-1200/

4. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I use the hobbywing 860 in my Seydlitz and Agincourt over the past season and a half, about 6ish events for those boats maybe 20 or so battles with no issues. They hobbywing has a BEC so you wouldn’t need an Rx bus. The multi c is good for class 3 and below (two gun control), also has pump control circuit. I used it with the 860 in my Fiji cruiser, incredibly simple wiring. Don’t have battles on the BC board yet, should be good if waterproofed adequately

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I also use BC's Multi-C board in my PDNs. The wiring is very simple if you're using brushed DC motors. The pump circuit is a simple on/off, and the Multi-C has a separate output you can plug your ESC into. I am using a smaller hobbywing ESC than the 860, but then I am only pushing a single shaft/motor. Overall the combination has worked very well, been through several battles and lots of sinks and no ill effects due to combat.

6. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Great, thanks guys.
    I just might have more questions about specific things as they arise, after I get the parts of course.

J

7. Brandon B

Brandon B Member

8. Litch42f

It has been working great. It's been in my Bayern for 2+ years now I think. No issues. The 860 has been discontinued, the quicrun 880 is the newer version. Pretty much the same thing. I can't remember, but you may have to buy a simple programming card for it from hobbywing. But then again, the default settings I think worked for me. I think the big thing is if your using SLA or lipo, you'll want to make sure it is set for what you are using.

Brandon B likes this.