1st Battle

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, May 3, 2009.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think this weekend is the Bluenose marathon. I would check the route of the race to see if they go past the grove. As they have used the parking lot in the past as a station.

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

I know of a few other pplaces we might be able to use, I was over at Jay's last night and we are going to look at a couple tomorrow.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Steer Clear of the Grove during the Bluenose Marathon. We had major issues trying to access the pond there let alone the parking lot. Best to find an alternate location.

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

How about Maynard lake? That was the original battle site before the grove. The issue we are going to have is the weather I think, it sucks battling in the rain!!! What day is another issue. It is supposed to rain most of the weekend but the rain on Monday is supposed to go away in the afternoon. For me Sat is out, the wife made plans already that I didn't know about. Let us know what everyone thinks,
    J

5. Jay Jennings

If the weather is not too bad, Steve Crane and I are going to run our boats on Monday afternoon, I am thinking of the beach at First Lake here in Sackville, but is the marathon still on tomorrow? If we use the Grove we can get some speed trials done, I need them, and maybe the odd cannon firing, it is also more public and will give us some exposure. We would love to get some more boats out there so come on out!!! Let me know here if anyone wants to come out and play. If no one else is going to come out, we will stay in Sackville.
    J

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It depends on Maynard lake. I think one end has a lot of junk in it. Also there are power lines that may interfere with the radios. The marathon is over today so arun at the grove might be nice.

7. Jay Jennings

That's good to know, we may just end up there anyway.
    J

8. Jay Jennings

Well, our first battle ended up being a speed testing, reliability verification, cannon mounting and tweaking session. In all we had Scharnhorst, Nagato, Lutzow, the Sinker Maru and Hood show up. There was good work done by all and hopefully we can get a battle soon, maybe this coming weekend????? We should take advantage of the cooler water and no swimmers. Post up here if you are available.

I was talking to John and we have a meeting with HRM in the first week of June to find out about the Uniacke House park.

J

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Back in 06 before I left NS to head back to NL I had went to Maynard lake and the spot where we fought at was no longer. It is completly overgrown and the concrete structures that we stood on are rubble. Parking is an issue there with the homes right there at the end of the road. Check it out anyway but it's probalby no good anymore.

10. Jay Jennings

Chris and I went up and didn' t see anywhere to battle.
    J

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Too bad. It was a decent spot. Not great but decent.

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Any update on the Uniake House?

13. Jay Jennings

Uniacke House is a go!!
    J

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Excellent. Battle reports I do hope to read from this battle.