2008 rule proposals

Discussion in 'Midwest Battle Group' started by froggyfrenchman, Jun 9, 2008.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    I am proposing that we add the 45 degree angle for hard area to our rules package.
    So the rule would say that....
    Impenetrable material may be used as hull skin on a ship’s bottom, but it shall end at least 1" below the waterline, or more than 45 degrees down the turn of the bilge.

Can all MBG members please post on this to show their support, or reasons for not supporting the change.
    This is a pretty common rule in most of the other clubs.
    Thanks.
    Mikey

2. the frog

the frog Member

I like it

3. jbc98k

jbc98k New Member

Fine with me

4. admiraljkb

admiraljkb Member

If it helps, here's the rule as done by the NTXBG which part c (applicable to you) was tightened up last year for loopholes:

Penetrable Areas
    a. The thickness of the hull will be based on actual armor thickness at the thickest part
    of a given ship's armor belt, per Table 1 of the Technical Appendix.
    b. The penetrable area of the hull shall be about 85% of the hull area within one inch +/-
    of the waterline.
    c. Penetrable areas are defined as all points below the cap rail to a point 1 inch below
    the waterline, below which the hull may be constructed of any material. Areas below
    the waterline where the hull curve exceeds 45 degrees inward from vertical can be
    constructed of any material and need not be penetrable. The area protected by the
    frames (ribs) as defined in this chapter is exempt from this specification.

cheers
    Jeff

5. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Since I'm not that bright, I like pictures. If at all possible, it would be great if there were a diagram added in the rule book, to help us less experienced guys figure things out.

Here is what the WWCC is using (however they are using the 60 deg rule). None the less, the diagram pretty much eliminates any possibility for mis-interpretation of the rule.

[​IMG]