2011 battle schedule

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by froggyfrenchman, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

You also don't have to arm all the guns immediately. Even if you only arm two of the four triple turrets, you still have the same firepower as a Graf Spee on a more maneuverable hull.

2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

True, but Viribus is 7 knots slower than the Graf Spee. I don't have a feel for maneuverability as I'm still a rookie, but I'm concerned that a Viribus would be dead meat moving at 20 knots with only two main turrets armed. Mikey's Strasbourg will be clipping along at 29+ knots, giving him a distinct advantage, and his mains are fully armed!

Carl

3. dietzer

BTW,
    The drawings I see online show 3 torp tubes for the Viribus (1 bow, 1 on each side), but the specs say she had 4 tubes. Was the 4th tube in the stern?
    Carl

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I believe that 22 knots is the minimum speed for combat ships.

5. dietzer

Ok.thanks. i forgot that.

Carl

6. dietzer

Hey Mikey,

Where do i find more details on the Treaty conf, address or map, hotel recommendations, etc?

Thanks,

Carl

7. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

I have 1/96 scale vibris unitis plans printed out, they show about 50 rib cross sectoins, pretty detailed, they are at mikeys, next build session would like to meet, I can get you the pocket battleship plans as well, though not as detailed... look forward to building/battleling with you dietzer

8. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Title: Washington Treaty Combat Conference event.
    August 19-21 2011 (Day 1), of 3.

Date: Friday August 19 - Sunday August 21, 2011
    Time: 10am till approx 5-6pm
    Street: 1880 Turner Rd
    City State Zip: Xenia, Ohio. 45385
    Phone: (937)-620-6053
    Notes: Washington Treaty Combat's Conference event.
    Three days. August 19 through Aug 21 2011

Spectators welcome.

Street: 1880 Turner Rd.
    City State Zip: Xenia, Ohio 45385
    Phone: (937)620-6053

As for the hotels we have several options. First is at a rate of $42 (plus tax) per night:
    Knights Inn - Xenia
    38 S. Allison Avenue
    Xenia, Ohio 45385
    (937)352-0067

Second at a rate of $49.95 (plus tax) per night:
    Regency Inn
    600 Little Main Street.
    Xenia, Ohio 45385
    (937)372-9954

Which ever hotel you choose, tell them you're with the boat group. If you choose the Regency Inn, tell them you want a ground floor, it's a small hotel. The rooms have a refrigerator and a microwave. It also has a continental breakfast, I'm not sure with the Knights Inn (they have the equiptment but no mention when I was there). The rooms at the Knights Inn did not have a fridge or a microwave and they were a little light on the wall outlets to plug in your chargers. Both hotels are about 7.5 miles to the pond (per Google maps). These 2 are about the closest to the lake that are not $90 per night or a longer drive.

Camping nearby.
    Spring Valley Frontier Campground

Spring Valley Frontier Campground
    Waynesville, OhioAddress: 9580 Collett Rd., Waynesville, OH, United States 45068

9. dietzer

Thanks, Mikey!

Carl

10. dietzer

Thanks, glaizilla! I really appreciate that. I'm looking forward to building and battling with you as well. I can't wait to see how your New Jersey is coming along. :) It's a same it's too big for me to transport easily, that class of BB has always been one of my favorites.
    I have two sets of plans for the Spee, a somewhat decent set from Great Plans (ebay vendor), and an OK set from SMC: I think both are 1/200 scale. I know someone that has excellent plans of the Graf Spee from ANB, though, and I'm about to contact him and see if I can negotiate some kind of trade...
    Thanks to the kindness of someone whom I believe wishes to remain anonymous, I now have Viribus plans, but I have not had a chance to get them scaled to 1/96 yet. From the number of ribs, it's quite possible these are the same plans. The plans are so nice that if the hull were simpler than the Graf Spee I would built it first. But the casement area of the hull is giving me some pause...
    Carl

11. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I have the Koop&Schmolke book on the Deutschland class, and the frames drawing has many many many ribs. Probably in excess of 50. I have to get it scanned in, though :)

12. dietzer

That would be awesome, Tug. Thanks!
    Carl

13. dietzer

OK, I'm ready to make my hotel reservations for next weekend's treaty event, but I'm not sure how many nights to make it for.

I won't get off work on Friday until 5pm. That puts me at Xenia around 9pm. The events for the day will be over long by then. So unless some of you guys want to get together late on Friday, I'll probably just drive over early Saturday morning and spend Saturday night there at the hotel.

Any night owls want to get together Friday night?

Thanks,

Carl

14. froggyfrenchman

I am pretty sure that there will some building going on here at the house on Friday evening after we get back from the battle.
    There will be some of the folks staying here Friday and Saturday night. So we could probably make some room for you if you want
    to stay here.
    There will also be some folks staying at one of the hotels over by the battle site, and they generally spend the evenings hanging out
    and working on the boats.
    Do you still have my cell number?
    If so give me a call, and we can make plans.
    Mikey

15. dietzer

OK, had a nice chat with Mikey last night. I will be coming in Friday night and dropping by Mikey's for a building session! I'm really pumped!
    Mikey, it will be great to see you again!
    Matt and Dustin (and whomever else from Battlestations! can make it), I'm looking forward to meeting you!
    Many thanks,
    Carl

16. froggyfrenchman

We are trying to schedule a two-day battle at the Xenia, Ohio battle site on the weekend of October 15-16. Saturday, and Sunday.
    Mikey

17. froggyfrenchman

All
    I am planning to host a two-day build-session at my boat-shop in
    Pleasant Hill, Ohio next weekend. Oct 8-9.
    Start time will be around 9am on both days, and last into the early evening.
    The address is.
    108 Court Ave.
    Pleasant Hill, Ohio.
    Mikey

18. dietzer

Mikey,

Is the next Xenia battle on the 15th/16th of Oct? I saw that proposed in the Treaty mailing list, but I wasn't sure it was confirmed....

Thanks,

Carl

19. froggyfrenchman

Those are the dates that we have asked for.
    The site owner is still trying to work the dates out with a couple of other groups that use his site.
    I will post an up-date as soon as we hear from him.
    Treaty and Battlestations.
    Mikey

20. froggyfrenchman

The dates have been confirmed for next weekend in Xenia, Ohio.
    Treaty will be battling in between our sorties.
    October 15-16.
    Mikey