2011 battle schedule

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by froggyfrenchman, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

Ships will be Strasbourg and Mogador for the Frenchies, with the New Jersey and St George for the allies.
    The Tashkent might be there and there is also a German raider in the works

2. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

I doubt the Taskent will be there. I'm currently working on the Ohio's superstructure so that it will not look naked next weekend and the Air Force is sending me to California this week so I will be unable to work on it during my evenings.

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I do not think that the Strasbourg will be ready for combat on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to work on her at all.
    I may be able to get her battle ready for Sunday. But even that might be a stretch. Just getting her on the water for
    running around is a good bet.
    It will all depend on how tired I am after the battling on Saturday.
    Mikey

4. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Mikey,
    Don't push it! If your tried, Take a nap!!! That's what I tell my Mom!!!
    Nikki

5. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Sleep is for the weak.

6. NASAAN101

Not, If its Someone who is working all night!
    Nikki

7. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Been there, done that, have the membership card.

Anyways, hope everybody has fun at the battle regardless of said Strasbourg is fully operational.

8. NASAAN101

Chase,
    What do you mean??
    NIkki

9. froggyfrenchman

The Battlestations battle was put off until we all get a chance to get our boats ready.
    We are hoping to have a battle before the end of the year. But probably not for at least two-three weeks.
    So probably sometime in November.
    I was not able to work on the Strasbourg at all, as Dustin and I were tied up trying to get the Ohio ready
    for the Treaty battle on Sunday.
    Mikey

10. froggyfrenchman

All
    We need to figure out about when we want to try to hold the
    next battlestations event.
    I guess the first step would be to take a close look at all of
    our boats, and estimate the completion dates, and then put the
    dates on the calender.
    I will be working on my Strasbourg and pretty much nothing else
    for the next couple/few weeks. And I would anticipate that I could
    have her completely battle-ready in three weeks.
    Perhaps earlier, but I have a display to attend on the weekend of the 30th of October.
    And also perhaps a build-session that same weekend.
    So anytime in November would probably be good for me.
    What about everyone else?
    Mikey

11. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

I am free all but Thanksgiving weekend. I burned out two pairs of motors in one week in the Mogador (Tuesday and Sunday). The New Jersey was attacked by something in the Miami River and suffered some severe damage on Friday (I say a large blue catfish or submerged log, although a pike or gar are not out of the question). Matt reported an immediate drop of two inches in freeboard and a large jolt. The boat was nearly lost.

12. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Wow, any toothmarks?

13. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

there are abrasions on one side of the hull, bellow the water line, which look like a small four bladed rake, had pierced the hull between ribs 22 and 23, and then pulled through the skin forming a decent sized hole., there is also a gash nearly nine inches long aft of the first set of holes, one blade on the outboard auxiliary prop had been bent, the shaft bent, even with huge pump, was forced to run the ship aground, which caused more damage. now am having electrical problems, the jolt knocked the ESC off its anchor point and was ate by the 973s metal dogbones, now have twitch on sail winch, and all servos, until the "attack" vessel was running phenomenal, all cannons functioning, traverse worked well, primary drive pushed boat to speed, auxillery power pushed ship to speed. the Multi bottle setup allowed firing of the turrets in salvos, which netted a continuous three gun volly at target ship A. Target ship A was rendered unrecoverable, sinking during the New Jerseys engagement with unidentified sea creature/ submerged obstacle...

butchers bill,
    one mtronicks ESC
    one 2 1/2" prop
    Sail winch
    X amount of Servos,
    destoryed wiring
    lots of time patching

Repair work has begun, ship should be ready to sail when new ESC arrives.

14. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

work on Scharnhorst, and Ramilies has resumed, intention is to partially arm one or both for upcoming battle, The other Captains agree, that partially armed ships will be worth less total sink points vs there normally fully operational value. The New Jersey will be at least 80 percent by the end of next week. Depression is still being a problem (not of me, the main armament) I have also a 1/96 Michigan BB-27 which has been in the works, right now, the Ramilies is farther along as far as internals go, it is a fiberglass hull, however the Scharnhorst is a real looker, and has attributes that should make her more survivable, speed/ dual rudders. I strongly encourage any Captins whom have an operational, but partially armed vessel to attend the next battle stations event, I will even allow them to board at my residence to cut down on costs of the trip if need be. There is alot of momentum in our area, with three vessels which have been on the water, a fourth which could be ready very soon, and the three I have mentioned I am working on, there are also two vessels under construction that are within short steaming range of our group ( a Baltimore CA, and a Artemis attack cargo ship)

15. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Matt, i'm sure glad you could recover the New Jersey! You've put a lot of work into her.

I guess next time you run in the Miami, we'll have to outfit Dustin's Mogador with real depth charges to screen the NJ from these vile leviathans. Some M-80s ought to do the trick as depth charges... :)

Carl

16. froggyfrenchman

All
    There has been talk about putting together another battle here in the Dayton area. Probably just a one-day deal.
    Ruling out the weekend of Thanksgiving..
    There are 3 weekends that we could try.
    Nov 5-6.
    Nov 12-13.
    Nov 19-20.
    Thoughts??
    Mikey