2012 Schedule

Discussion in 'Washington Cascade Column' started by NickMyers, Jan 29, 2012.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I'm in the process of putting together a tentative schedule for this year. If there are dates/weekends people know that they _cannot_ do or dates you would really really like to have an event, please let me know. PM, email or post here is fine.
    If you are not a member of the WWC but you might be in town on any given weekend and are interested in attending an event if possible, please let me know. We don't schedule soley around potential guests but we are receptive to scheduling events according to the number of captains available.
    Lastly, if you have an issue with scheduling events on Sundays, please let me know, otherwise I will continue under our historical trend of scheduling on Sundays.

2. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

my schedule is so up in the air. Dont make any special plans for me.

3. NickMyers

I completely understand. Times are busy times. Hopefully we have enough variety for you to be able to hit some of them if not all :) Let me know if you want to do any goofing around sailing up in Bellevue when the weather gets nicer.

Proposed schedule for 2012 is as follows:

March 18 or 25? - Speed Tests. Drop Tests. Tech Inspections. Maneuvering?
    April 8 - ? Weather dep - G&M / Battle if Interested?
    April 22 - Battle
    May 20 - Battle
    June 3 - Battle
    June 24 - Battle or FunFloat?
    July 8 - Battle or FunFloat?
    July 29 - Battle
    August 19 - Battle
    Sept 9 - Battle
    Sept 23 - Battle
    Oct 14 - Battle? Weather?
    Nov 4 - Battle? Weather?

This is not set in stone yet folk, and the goal is to get any many captains on the water for as many events as possible, so if anyone knows of conflicts now, or objects to the spacing of events, please speak up so we can try to make things work for as many people as possible.

There is a good possibility that the March weather will be nice enough to battle in, but I think we all may need the extra time to finish building and refitting our ships.

Locations will probably be all in Swan Creek or Coal Creek for battles, Bellevue Downtown Park for FunFloat & Propaganda type events.

4. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

nick,
    march 25 for a fun run. just getting started working on boats again, since it is warmer in the garage.

5. NickMyers

Weather is starting to get nicer, last month and a half have been a complete bust for me in terms of getting any warship work done.. If the weather is looking good on 25th though, think we should definately aim for that if we think we'll have ships ready.

6. Hovey

Hovey Admiral (Supporter)

I hope to have something to test sail by then, but currently I have nothing that I would consider sea worthy enough to test in my bathtub. We shall see.

7. NickMyers

I have a lot of work to do to get anything in condition to sail, let alone fight...

8. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

My Bis still has no hull and have to rip 2/4 cannons out for repair and rewire a pump. Ill do my best to at least get her pretty and well enough to drive around. My new job + school is a killer. Good news, no school this summer so I should have a lot of time for boats.

9. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Nick or Alex,
    what do you mean by Speed Tests?? I know its sound stubid, with me asking, I was just wondering that's all?
    Nikki

10. NickMyers

Have to find out how fast the boats are going so everyone gets onto consistent speeds.

11. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Nick,
    I realized that after I asked! I mean what do you mean by Drop Tests???
    Nikki

12. NickMyers

We drop the hulls off the freeway overpass. the ships that bounce to the shoulders we use that year. The ones that get crushed into a thousand tiny pieces by a passin semi truck... we dont.

13. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Hi Nikki, many of the clubs do a test to make sure the balsa isn't too thick that involves dropping a brass rod through a tube I believe.

I think Nick may be a little surprised that you're concerned about what is going on in Washington State, as he wasn't aware of you having any plans to travel to the west coast or battle out there.

14. phill

phill Active Member

I think the cargo ship is ready... I spent way too much time dealing with downed trees and I'm not done yet. I'm finally getting time to work on the ships.
    I may just do drop tests on the suffren and run her as is if she passes.

15. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

And Nikki, I realize your response is likely going to be that you were just asking, that's all and you didn't meant to step on any toes. Part of what can be frustrating is that you ask questions on every single forum on this site, whether or not it relates to you. It can make it hard for people to have a conversation when they have to stop and answer questions that you shouldn't be worried about because it in no way affects you (especially when we've answered the question before, either directly to you or earlier in the thread).

Feel free to read all the threads you want, but it'd be helpful if you think twice before asking questions that really don't apply to you at all.

16. NickMyers

Drop Tests are covered in the rules packages - so if she read the relevant rules, she wouldn't need to decide which one of us is being truthful.

Phill: We might want to do a build day and resheet the Suffren somewhere in there... The balsa on her is really prone to big cracks.

17. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

petes sharhorst has the skin removed, and we need to skin it.
    the tirpitz still in work
    need some warm weather for the garage work...could make some progress then.
    might have something to drive around thougth

18. phill

phill Active Member

The Suffren got stripped today. By the time I figured out that all of my kicker dried up, I wasn't able to find any locally and the hobby shop up in lacey was closed... bummer. I've got some on order - I may get her resheeted this week.

19. NickMyers

Use Weldwood (contact cement). less finger gluing and it comes off easier.

20. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

I'll second that. Contact cement is much easier to use than CA, you dont get gluefinger and when it's time to resheet, you can remove the old glue with turps so no sanding.