2015 IRCWCC NATS

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by McSpuds, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Nats is different, some don't like the competitive nature of 5 days of constant battling. Myself I have an agreement with my family that I get to go every two years.
    With the MWC dissolution, there are some personal "issues" that will need to have time to heal, if it ever does.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

And some people that go to Nats every year and love it don't have a club that battles monthly.

3. jch72

jch72 Active Member

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    TUGBOAT WE NEED YOU AT NATS TO COUNTERACT THAT JADFER GUY. I WILL GET MY SISTER TO KNIT YOU SOME TINY SOCKS FOR YOUR CAT SO YOU CAN KEEP UP WITH YOUR OTHER HOBBY. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THE IRCWCC NATS.

NickMyers and absolutek like this.
  4. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

It will be a blast. QE should be the ship to beat this year. Looking forward to it.

I tried knitting also.. made me a knitted borat 1 piece... I will show of my handiwork at Nats.

Cheers!

5. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

QE 's tend to be very tempermental, many calculations need to be made in order to justify their use and construction.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  6. ProfessorChaos

ProfessorChaos Active Member

I'll be there. I'm looking forward to having my ship work this time.

7. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

My wife is going back to school, and surprisingly the college wants lots of money for that...
    I'll be back for 2016 and I'll bring Tyler too.

8. ProfessorChaos

ProfessorChaos Active Member

You'll be missed Brandon.

9. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

What is wrong down south. We expected more from Fla. and GA. Perhaps SE regional will help gain a few more.

10. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Maybe it is the time of year?

11. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Perhaps, I don't remember why we changed to June several years ago except that some said it would be cooler.

12. jch72

jch72 Active Member

To refresh your memory Marty we changed the IRCWCC Nats to June in 2012 for two reasons. 1.) It is usually much more comfortable weather in June in NC, and B.) To clear time so we could do both the MWC and IRCWCC Nats in Oakboro in the same year, with a couple weeks break in between for a refit. We liked the increased comfort level over the insane July heat we experienced in NC the year before that we kept it in June in following years. I really don't want to go back to doing it in July, in NC and Texas both the heat and humidity are terrible. NC in July is like upper 90s with minimum 70%+ humidity. NC in June is usually lower 90s with 50%-80% humidity. Last time I was at H&H for a Nats in July it was 100+ all week with 80%+ humidity. Now if we were going to Minnesota or some other relatively northern state, July is not that bad.

13. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice the heat in Houston 2013.. I am not sure what the temperatures were but it must not have been that hot since it didn't register in my memory.

14. jch72

jch72 Active Member

I've been there 3 times for nationals, but it was in the 1990s. Twice it was extremely hot. As I have gotten fatter my heat tolerance has gone down.

15. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Same here.. same here.. now I tend to crackle when I am in the sun too long #porkskins

16. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Hottest Nats I have been to was in Orlando, Fla. I hated to go out into sunlight! Would dodge from tree shade to tree shade.

Marty

17. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

Missouri in 2001 at that farm pond was a cooker with no shade other than the tents....

18. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

You want to talk HOT the MN Nats in 2011 on Monday it was like 62 in the afternoon. Then on Friday it got all the way up into the 70s.

Renodemona and NickMyers like this.
  19. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

I can dress for cold but you can't undress enough for hot, well not enough and stay descent.

20. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Even us MN guys can handle the July heat in Houston. I just assume at every NATS I go to I'll start to sweat the minute I walk out of the hotel.