2016 IRCWCC Nationals

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by absolutek, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

upload_2015-12-10_7-16-5.png

It could be a LONG drive......

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Wade's is big enough for Nagatos and other big things (admittedly it's been years since I went, but last time I was there it seemed adequate for the Nag drivers). If this is close, that would be nice. Of course, Evstafi doesn't care about fighting in a bathtub. No contest against bigger ships on an open pond, tho, unless I can get ensconced in a furball of sufficient chaositude.

3. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Aircraft make it easy, UPS too

4. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

Not bad advice for my first Nats. I somehow seem to have painted a target on my back. :whistling:

5. thegeek

Well not all bad, you only have to patch a small area then.

6. thegeek

"Make The Allied Great Again"
    IRCWCC NATIONALS 2016

7. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

Not exactly an overlay, but should give a good idea.

Attached Files:

Tugboat likes this.
  8. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I'll be missing another one, hope everyone has an enjoyable week!

9. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to trekking to Texas with Renodemona this year, but Pennsylvania is a bit far from here in N. California to attempt for a first Nationals. I am going to continue to work on my North Carolina rebuild in hopes that 2017 is closer (middle of the country).

10. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Gray.
    I live in Pittsburgh, you should come out :(
    Nikki

11. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Then don't scare him away by letting him know how close you live to the venue ;)

rcaircraftnut, NASAAN101 and Tugboat like this.
  12. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Chase, I'm not scaring him off. Pittsburgh has a histroy to her. And up til the 1960's was the leading steel manufacturer...
    Nikki

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  13. Gary Powell

Still considering it. I still have 6 months to work things out.

14. absolutek

The more people who come out and want a mid us or southern event, the more likely it is to happen.

15. Gary Powell

I am mostly involved in 1/72 scale combat, but there are a number of us building and playing Fast Gun with the Cal-Neva Combat Club (California and Nevada). I just had someone explain the voting to me on how the site for Nationals is selected and needless to say, I am a little disappointed at how basically flawed this process appears to be. I do not want to sound negative (I really do not), but I can see the idea of a Nationals in Texas is... unlikely. To play a little catch up; is this partially why there were previously two Fast Gun groups? One mostly West/Mid-west and the other Eastern states?

16. thegeek

it was two groups because of personality differences (the nice way of saying it). And the voting process is biased towards those that went to Nationals in the past two years, simple. The fact that H&H ranch folded probably had more to do with vote than anything else. H&H had the reputation of putting on a first class event with no fuss.

17. absolutek

The vote actually wasn't that far apart. I live less than four hours from the Bradford, PA venue, but I still voted for a Texas Nats. People in this hobby have to be willing to travel that is just the way it is.

18. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

Gary,
    I used to let the strong East coast bias bother me. I have since decided that the hobby is too fun to allow that to ruin the fun. We in the WCC Washington state have come up with some small variations to the rules that better suit the small fleet battles that are the norm for us.

How is your pond situation in N. California / Nevada. Is there any chance your club could host a West Coast Regional? Being centrally located you could draw from both Washington and S. California.

Keith Maxwell

19. Gary Powell

I am willing to travel and always have been. I've been playing up and down the West Coast for years (since 1986) and was planning to go to Texas this year, but the additional distance to Pennsylvania is a whole different thing. It's just that after hearing how voting is conducted, I didn't see any likelihood of the Nationals moving to a more central location (like Texas or Missouri, etc.) in future years.

Normally I do not comment like this unless I have a constructive alternative proposal, but in this case with my lack of knowledge of what has previously transpired with the club, I will hold off.

20. Gary Powell

We have multiple, excellent sites to select from in California and Nevada. With NAMBA membership we could probably even use the site that they used for their Nationals this year in Nicholas, CA. A member in the Reno area has even mentioned he would host a Nationals event up there. It could be done, but I am not in favor of pulling away from the real Nationals by dividing club efforts. Especially being new to Fast Gun. You end up creating a situation where you have an East Coast Nationals and a West Coast Nationals.