2016 IRCWCC Nationals

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by absolutek, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

Garry,
    I agree 100% There can only be one NATS. I was hoping for something closer to Brouhaha.

2. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

It would still be preferable to pursue a location for Nationals next year that makes it more reasonable for West Coast members to attend. Obviously a West Coast Regional's is an option and the more central the location the better. Some of us were already planning to try and attend a SCRAP event sometime this summer, but that makes for a long drive from Washington. We would need to open dialog with the other groups and see what we could pull together. Keep in mind that we have 20-25 members playing 1/72 here in Sacramento/San Jose, but currently there is only 4 of us doing Fast Gun. We lost our fifth Fast Gun player this past summer (Dan Rygasewicz) and one member now lives in Portland. We have a couple more waiting before they would commit, but we have at least a dozen members that dropped Big Gun 1/144 a couple summers ago and some still have their ships that could be converted. I am finding the conversion of my North Carolina from a Big Gun ship to a Fast Gun ship easier than I thought it would be.

I guess it's an idea that may be worth working on to see if there is any interest. The true Nationals where everyone tries to attend is still the preferred option.

3. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Holy crap I know that guy, Dan Rygasewicz. That's the guy that got me and several others started in Queens Own way back when. Man if you hear from him tell him Jeramie that was his neighbor in Green Acres said hi.

4. rcaircraftnut

At the time he had a roommate named Charlie that worked in the bay area at an airport, wonder whatever happened to him?

5. rcaircraftnut

I am hopeful that I will be able to attend, will depend on several factors.

6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Unfortunately Dan passed away this last summer.

7. rcaircraftnut

Man, that makes me sad. Would have been really nice to thank him putting up that no it all kid so long ago.

8. rcaircraftnut

Crap, my mind seems to have gone faster than my fingers, lol. Left a couple words out.

9. Gary Powell

Yes, we are missing Dan a lot. Dan was a big part of our 1/72 group, someone our members looked up to for everything he did for the hobby.

You must have moved up to Oregon/Washington in the late 80's to do the Queen's Own. We didn't start with the 1/72 scale in California until 1992.

Unfortunately Charlie passed away a few years ago as well. He retired from loading freight at the Airport and moved back to Washington; remarried his X wife and 6 months later made her his x wife again. I got to see him one last time when we met in Oregon to swap several ships we had traded. Charlie must have had 30 ships or more in a storage locker up there and when he died and we never saw any of them again.

Gary

10. Gary Powell

I thought the only X Queen's Own member that was down your way was Mike Bouchetti, who moved to Florida about 20 years ago.

Gary

11. rcaircraftnut

I was never able to afford to arm my own ship as I was still in high school but I ran some loaners as well as had my own lib ship for campaign. Charlie had a full storage locker when I knew him in Kelseyville Ca as well. No surprise he was still hoarding, lol. I actually went to school with Dan's step son for a while, not sure if he stayed married to the same woman or not, but he was when we lost touch as I had to move away, then ended up in the Navy. Man I wish I had known Charlie was in Wa, I lived in Portland for years, but was doing planes so I guess I missed out.

12. Gary Powell

At the time Queen's Own had several members in the Portland Area. We use to have our Nationals in Molalla to the South and Banks to the West. We also went down to Southerlin for a few years.

Gary

13. Gary Powell

I think I remember now; did you came out to the event we had at U-Wanna-Camp?

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  14. rcaircraftnut

That's the name of the place. Wow amazing I remember that. U wanna camp. I actually lived a 5 min walk from that place just a year or so earlier. lol.

15. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

If you cant turn your class 7 within the 105 ft in that pond, you need to seriously look at your rudder setup!

Gonna be fun bringing my Mississippi.... The two boys are bringing a Mississippi and a older Estavi as well..

16. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Dan,
    Pushed me to get my ships on the water :'(
    Nikki

17. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

Are the texas guys going to make it to NATS
    kas

18. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Jeff, Mark - No - Mama wanted a family vacation this year
    Dirty Dave - No- House remodel
    Gerald - 26hr drive...drive requires too many days off work, too long for 2 drivers.. will have to fly.. low chance
    Me - I ride with Gerald!!! I will also have to fly.. so maybe

19. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

I'm a maybe. Depends on finances & ship time as December turned into 'give your surgeon & hospital buckets of money' month instead of 'work on boats during the Holidays'. But hey, was also a month of firsts... First time meeting individual deductible, family deductible and maximum family & individual out-of-pocket... OK, so those are /bad/ firsts to have but ah well. I know for a fact that the Bruhaha is out of the picture. Tangler is also likely out if I want to have any shot at Nats. I've at least got the time penciled in on the work calendar.

20. rcaircraftnut

If anyone wants to carpool from the MS, Al, Ga area I will look to get the time off. Suppose to be going back to work next week.