2016 Season Kickoff

Discussion in 'Pacific Model Warship Club' started by Gary Powell, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

Yesterday we held our first combat event of the 2016 season in Lincoln California (about 30 miles north of Sacramento). We had 4 new ships hit the water; the German ZH1 and another Z Boat, the USS Gearing and USS Shannon.
    IMG_2474.JPG
    DKM ZH1- Captured Dutch destroyer that the Germans completed (or attempted to complete after capture) during WWII).
    IMG_2514.JPG
    USS Gearing- Name ship of the late war US destroyers that served many years after the war and for several different navies.
    IMG_3016.JPG
    David's new DKM Z-39.

Being an allied captain, my feeling is "Not another one of these damn things". The club now has 4 captains running this class of ship. Hopefully the 3 new USS Gearings and 1 new Allen M Sumner Class ship will be able to hold their own against these evil axis ships.

Oh stupid me forgot to get a picture of my own new ship the USS Shannon. Maybe next event.

We also had the new USS Gearing take on the pocket battleship DKM Lutzow 1 v 1 and he didn't sink! That's a 3 gun 3/16" caliber gunned destroyer against a 6 gun 1/4" caliber gunned cruiser.
    IMG_2901.JPG

Next event is April 23. For more information, just drop me a message.