2020 IRCWCC Nationals

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Kevin P., Feb 16, 2020.

1. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Ready to back up those key strokes on the water?

Join us for the largest R/C warship combat event of the year

2020 IRCWCC Nationals, Bradford, PA July 12 - 17

Eventbrite link will be posted in the future for sign up

There will be a fee for battlers to cover the standard items (lunch, CO2, tent, etc)

Fee will be posted here once finalized

IRCWCC membership and NAMBA insurance membership required

2. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Oh boy, oh boy ... looking forward to it already :)

Not sure I'm looking forward to lugging around a 37 lb battleship, though. Maybe I should Seydlitz it this year instead.

bsgkid117 and Renodemona like this.
  3. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

If I somehow manage to get the time off and some cash flow to cover it it will be a miracle. Ah well, if I can get my runaway cholesterol in check maybe next year. Hehe. Still not fully back operational on any ships. Need to completely refit DKM Scharnhorst and build out a second Hull I was gifted for my little brother Andrew who like me has been wanting to be a part of this hobby since we were kids in Northern California. He is now living with us and has expressed interest in finally getting on the water this year. Would be really awesome to get both of us to Natts.

NASAAN101 and bsgkid117 like this.
  4. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Nut, I'm trying to go two.
    Nikki

5. rcaircraftnut

Not trying Nikki, WISHING, there's a massive difference hahahaha.

6. rcaircraftnut

The new thing my family and I are working on requires my daily attention. As I am the only one currently in possession of the required knowledge lol. More on that later of it works out. But for now I can't be away more than 3 days max.

7. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Your site host here:
    Lots of details are coming together:
    tent, tables,chairs , and porta jon from same vendor.
    Different motel that has been renovated in the last year. parking lot to door with a roof over the walkway for sheltered tables in evening.
    It is walking distance from a large Sheetz and they will give us a flat rate for the week of $300.
    More to come.
    Start making your plans.

Anvil_x and Beaver like this.
  8. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

thanks for the heads up,

Hope things line up and all, but out of curiosity, how close are you guys to the ranger district, and are there any decent campgrounds? Might need to do this Guerilla if at all.

Bosses don't have the budget for overtime this year. we had mandatory ten hours of OT per week last year and managed to mark 17 million board feet, so naturally if they take away the OT, we'll be able to mark 18 mmbf, right? lol

9. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Here's hoping the border isn't closed due to the Corona Virus!
    Request for vacation time going in on Tuesday.
    Hope to see everyone one again in July!
    Mark

Panzer and rcaircraftnut like this.
  10. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

@Nate G any word on when PA is going to allow groups again?

11. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Currently looking like things will be fine here.
    While these governors have given lip service to the concept of a measured response and regional restrictions, they have handled it with a universal sledgehammer shutting down life and the economy for no reason in areas with no cases and low likelihood we will get any. The cases are all centered around population densities over 1,000 people per square mile. Even Erie and Pittsburgh have very few cases. Philly with 12,600 people per square mile is being hit but the system can handle it.

Locally, We had one family in Kane with WuhanVirus and they are quarantined as of 2 weeks ago. no new cases in the entire county. In other words, it has run its course. surrounding PA counties are similar. case density is .004 cases per square mile. you tell me what your chances of being exposed are. Hint - it is infinitesimal. We have all pneumonia cases in hospital test negative and are starting widespread testing in the community. We should be "approved" for groups of 25 in 2 weeks (obviously, we are in actuality fine NOW) and groups of 40-50 in 4 weeks with Nats in 10 weeks. Masks are not necessary though I tell my patients over 80 and those with bad lungs or on chemo to use them.

Anvil X - the ranger station for Allegheny National Forest is 30 minutes away.
    There is KOA in Marshburg as well.
    Check Mystic Waters - they may have setups for campers.
    Willow bay Campground.
    Tracy ridge campgrounds.

not sure how much better any of these are compared to sharing a room with someone for $150 each for the 7 day week.

After complaints about budget last time, I can cut out the fancy caterer with high end lunches to keep costs down if the group wishes.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  12. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I like to have a supplied lunch at the pond. Keeps things moving between battles. If you don’t have a lunch then people leave to get lunch and it’s slowed down.
    Lunch doesn’t need to be fancy. A sandwich and chips are fine. Hot dogs or burgers, something light. Sometimes I feel like the hosts are trying to put so each other with the better lunch. I’m fine having pizza ordered every day!
    We typically have a big dinner each night and don’t really need a big lunch. The club is generally fat enough already.
    We all spend a lot more on our ships and travel and time than the added cost of a light lunch.

13. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

Just an example, we did this for $7.50 a day/person (in Saranac)

LUNCH MENU
    N.A.T.S. 2017

Monday:

Grilled Italian Chicken,

Mac-N-Cheese and Cole Slaw.

Tuesday:

Pork Muffins,

Papa BBQ Beans and Hawaiian Salad

Thursday:

Boneless Ribs,

Cheesy Potatoes and Pasta Salad

Friday:

Meatloaf,

Parmesan Cheese Potatoes and Cherry Delight

14. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I’d even say Kas’ lunch menu leans on the fancy side. When we hosted in MN we had burgers, hot dogs, brats, and some chips. Steve brought a gas grill. Ron Steve and Peter cooked after the first battle and we had a couple people take care of their ships.
    At Wades we do pretty much the same thing with Gerald cooking up some Axis deer.
    Not sure what the town rules are for cooking in the cemetery this year.
    Even without grilling I think you could go pretty cheap ordering pizza one day. Grocery stores will drop off a bunch of fried chicken another day. Have a couple people run and get one fry and two cheese burgers at McDs for everyone one day. Subway sandwich platters are pretty cheap per person.

Beaver likes this.
  15. kgaigalas

I did pick a fancier menu in 2017. At that time "several people" said lunch was important. o_O
    There was a sandwich menu for $5.50

I was in Minnesota for your lunch and it was great.:):)
    I caution that Nate is alone setting this up. (and a Dr. who might be busy)
    I guess I am in the camp that would like a delivered lunch. (very simple/ no volunteers / no collecting of money everyday):(:(

Nate remember you VOLUNTEERED FOR THIS JOB. :):):):);):bang::bang:

16. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

1. Lunches at Nats are always provided. It is part of the standard package.
    2. With the issues of the day, some may have trouble making it for time or financial reasons if they have been shut out of work and I wanted to get a feeling if any were concerned.
    3. I have several options for meals and will mix and match based on feedback and discussions with members who commit to attend and the Eboard.

At the last event here, Cindy had big subs made at a local grocer that were quite satisfactory and very inexpensive. I was leaning towards subs for 2 days, pizza for one and the nice caterer for 2 lunches. a simple meals for the Captain's meeting Sunday and a nice party place for the Friday night banquet downstairs at the "House of Beef".

17. kgaigalas

Nate,
    I only have one comment (having hosted before););)
    I think you will make an EXCELLENT decision AND thanks for all your work:):):):woot::woot::woot:

18. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Nate,

Thanks for all you're doing, both for the hobby and you're community. :)

As for Nats, I'm looking forward to it and hoping that I can bring something special to play with. I just have to get off my tail and finish it. :)

Otherwise, if we're taking votes for lunch, well, your layout in 2016 was ... palatial. I'm not sure if those establishments would be up to doing it again, but ... as others said, simple fare is fine. Subway especially.

(Because nothing says oof like a huge plate of BBQ just before Tuesday Campaign...)

Nate G likes this.
  19. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

Kevin P. likes this.
  20. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Its about 3-hours from me.. i might drag mom up as well. but I hope to have my carrier up so everyone can see her and i can get some stick time with her!
    Nikki

Last edited: May 17, 2020