2020 IRCWCC Nationals

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Kevin P., Feb 16, 2020.

1. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Please. By all means. bring something fun and special. That's what the week is for. other toys welcome as well now that you know the capabilities of my place. I will plan on taking Thursday and Friday off prior to Nats for setup and assorted other fun things.

2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Beaver likes this.
  3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey kevin
    I'm not be going to be able to make nats.. but I still went a shirt..
    Nikki

4. Kevin P.

Reminder, price goes up slightly on 6/15, need to sign up by 6/15 to get a T-shirt. Expecting between 25 - 30 captains

5. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Minor update.
    Just had a very nice conversation with the pond owner. He is happy to have us use the pond for our event and work with his new manager on some site improvements. also, I can institute measures to keep down the algae , so ... all good. looking forward to seeing everyone.

6. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

I am wondering why it shows on the NATS IRCWCC list that I did not pay??
    I payed a WEEK ago.
    I am wondering if there is a mix-up somewhere.o_O

7. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the Forest Circus has come up with a new way to make sure I don't get much battling time this year.

National Timber Target just got scuttled by market collapse. 2/3 of my paper mills just closed last week, my saw mills are only taking #1 and Veneer logs and doing so at absurdly low prices. I'm halfway through getting my loggers all contract term extensions so that they can idle their logging equipment until the market comes back.

Instead of helping to produce 170 million board feet of timber this year on the most productive forest in the nation, I get an email saying "Hey man, you liked Alaska, right? Want to interview for a four month detail as the Timber Manager for Chugach?"

*looks at Texas* *Sighs*. "Yes..... where do I sign up..."

Have fun over there, fellas.

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

*sigh* same here. With the second wave just hitting, my command has chosen not to relax their travel restrictions. No leave outside of your own house, unless it's approved by an admiral. I guess I'm out for the rest of the year.

9. Anvil_x

my buddy in the Corps of Engineers is the same. DoD ain't playing games.
    USDA.... dude we're trying to figure out how we're going to fight wildfires this year. IACC is talking about 45 day firefighting rotations instead of the standard fourteen day tours. plus keeping the crews out isolated in spike camps and fly in their food. all of my minions are worrying their hands together with glee at the overtime that entails.

10. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Mark my words, come November this covid thing will dry up and blow away like so many leaves.

Beaver likes this.
  11. Anvil_x

Ok. I'll do a screenshot for ya and keep track.

Caractacus Patt likes this.
  12. NASAAN101

Hey Nut.
    I'm going to go a one say this. Its not like the normal flu.. its not the same..
    Nikki

Caractacus Patt and Anvil_x like this.
  13. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

I'm not going to debate this Nikki. It's not something we will agree on at all. We may have to live with the restrictions, but I do NOT have to believe the news media. Untill I see actual people dropping dead all around I will NOT live in fear. Stop trying to change my mind. I refuse to be scared of a 99.999999% chance of NOT dieing. ;)

14. Kevin P.

Folks let’s keep the discussion limited to nationals, thanks

15. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

I wish I had my ship completed, I'm almost out of school and with my internship. I'm almost free, and I want to start going to these events.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  16. Kevin P.

Well, the director of the program thought the hobby was very cool when I talked to him about it today during my end of tour interview. Maybe worth a shot to route it up? Fortunately Bradford is just within our 'local area' leave radius so my leave didn't need to go all the way up

rcaircraftnut and Nate G like this.
  17. NASAAN101

Being 3.5 away. I'm going to and bring my Little Destroyer with me so everyone can see her and stuff.

18. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Latest update. CO2 ordered and extra tanks reserved. plans coming together. weather has warmed up to summer levels.

Local environment wise:
    businesses are open and hospital restrictions are being lifted.

We have no active cases of COVID in the county and are testing all elective surgery patients and anyone in the community with a sniffle. All negative.We have had ZERO hospital admissions for WuhanVirus. Western NY still has a bit of a problem but not much outside Buffalo. The hospital North of us has had a handful of admissions.

Looking at CDC data by county is instructive. the entire northern tier of PA have county cumulative stats of less than 20 cases for the event; for which I have coined the term NONDEMIC. Erie has a few as does scranton but the rest of the state north of route I-80 has total numbers soo low that CDC does not even calculate per capita stats since the numerator is less than 20 cases , not weekly , but total for the year.

My plan is:
    1. to do our routine screen which consists of asking if a person has a cough, shortness of breath, or fever and testing temps with an infrared scanner daily.
    1. b. social distancing and masks are recommended but not required as we are a group less than 50 and screened. you are adults and responsible for your own actions. after all, that is why we are allowed to have these toys.

2. advise that spectators will NOT be allowed in the pits. Battlers only on our side though we can go to the street side if needed.
    3. advise the spectators that social distancing and masks are currently recommended.

Kevin P., Anvil_x and Beaver like this.
  19. NASAAN101

Hey Nate.
    Is there anything mom and i can being if we come up, it mightbe Firday, were going to be there.
    Nikki

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  20. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

T minus 10 days and counting.
    local nondemic update:
    total active cases for the county - 0
    total hospital admissions for the 6 month period - 0
    Total cases in the county for the duration - 10 confirmed, 5 probable.

All other issues and precautions will be discussed at the captain's meeting. Plan is outdoor grilling at "the house".
    current conditions 50-58 in morning, 75-82 during days. though it may heat up a bit. no rain in past 10 days and none predicted in next week, but who knows after that as forecasts only go to 5-7 days from now.

Panzer, rcaircraftnut and Beaver like this.