2020 Rule Proposals

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by Renodemona, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

That doesn't really limit them much because you can run multiple unit guns. 100rnd sidemount, 50rnd stern gun, .5 unit pump at 26 seconds? Sounds better than my predread.

2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

No multiple unit guns, 75rd sidemount and 50 rd stern/bow gun, 1 unit pump

Panzer likes this.
  3. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Even at that, Blucher would be a way better option than any predread. It would be faster, better prop/rudder arrangement, and basically the same armament in a better turret layout.

I think I'd be supportive of a half unit sidemount. Gives the ship a little more offensive power but doesn't make it a game changer.

Kevin P. likes this.
  4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Blücher was build as an equal to the Invincible class. Basically a battlecruiser. But they called it an armored cruiser because no one had made up the battlercruiser name yet. They also got their intelligence wrong on the gun size of the I-Boats. When they found out they were getting 12” guns it was too late to redesign Blücher so they made VDT.
    Allowing AC a half unit sidemount for any over a certain size had merit. The size should be in line with the predread rule. You can’t put sidemounts on small ships they tip too much and can fire into the crowd.
    Radetsky is still the best predread or AC It has twin rubbers and two props. Even Blücher with 3 props and one rudder will not out turn her. I’d gues most of the AC are two props and one rudder. Plus BC makes a hull for it.

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I went through the ship list. I’ve always thought of armored cruisers as the Scharny, Edgar, Sverige, Fylgia. The smaller size of ship people have made. I didn’t know some of them were so large.
    We shouldn’t give them a whole sidemount. That would make them much better than the predreads because of their speed and they shouldn’t be. But giving them a half unit sidemount is reasonable.
    Blücher, Warrior could do twin sterns and a wing turret sidemount. Or stern guns bow sidemount. Or stern sidemount and wing turret Twins.
    Minotaur Kurama Rurik Tsukuba Tenn have small wing turrets so just a twin stern and bow.

Write something up I’m open to signing on to a new rule.

Anvil_x, acomputerdog and Beaver like this.
  6. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I have a proposal that may help solve some of the issues we have been facing recently.

Any captain that sinks in the first sortie should count their ship and then report for abatement to be converted into soylent green and served at lunch.

this will solve over-crowding on the shore line, reduce the food budget, and lower CO2 usage.

looking for co-signers.

J

7. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I’ve never been to a battle that was over crowed. Even when we had 50 ships on the water NATS 08.

8. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

EDIT: *lololol the vast majority of your discussion this morning didn't appear until after I posted the below*

Consider though, that such a rule would allow the bigger ones to run with comparable firepower to a PDN. The large ones are the only ones which have the beam with which to safely equip a sidemount.

I think a half unit limit on sidemount would keep them firmly in the cruiser alternative slot, but with *just enough cowbell* to make them interesting, and not enough cowbell to take away from the rest of the band (being PDNs).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    rcaircraftnut likes this.
  9. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Okay Bob, how does this sound?

11 g.
    Armored cruisers with a 73’ or greater beam may have a 1/2 unit side mount cannon. Armored cruisers with three units may divide one battle unit to do so.

Shoot holes in it, please.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    acomputerdog likes this.
  10. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I like it. I also am strongly considering altering my cruiser units rule to just have class 2 and class 3 be able to split a single unit. I think that solves more problems than my original proposal.

rcaircraftnut and Anvil_x like this.