.22 cal bb

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by milfordjr, Feb 8, 2016.

1. milfordjr

milfordjr New Member

Is .22 allowed ?
    It is smaller than 1/4 bb, i am working on a belt fed system that will fire the 22 pellets in a bolt style barrel with .22 barrel liner as the main barrel if not allowed i will still build it but just for show. Would love to mount it on my missouri though. If it works as planned it will fire 25-30 rounds per min with fairly good accuracy because of rifled barrel

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

No. Not allowed. In any case, the cannons are limited in max penetration... can't shoot thru 2" of blue DOW insulating foam. If they do, they fail.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

And the rate of fire is limited to like every 6 or 8 seconds.

And the landowners would pitch a fit over lead projectiles being fired into the lake.

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Not in any rule set I've heard of.

We tend to shoot at pretty short ranges and low velocities (typically <300fps).

If you interested in shooting something larger than a .177" check out "Big Gun" I think there is a midwest group near you. But they have even more stringent requirements than fast gun does, they actually use a penetration test. Your rate of fire would probably fit in with their slower game play as well.

5. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I think they (BigGun) are kind of picky about the shot used, and doubt you could use pellets rather than spherical shot.

in fast-gun .22 is too big, and again, pellets wouldn't meet the callout in the rules for a standard bb.

6. milfordjr

milfordjr New Member

Ohh. Ok guess i can adapt the 1/4in. Thanks for the info. Still gonna go with a bolt style cannon though i can adjust the velocity down. Like the idea of seeing the barrels cycleing forward and backward. More realistic

7. milfordjr

milfordjr New Member

And the pellets were non lead