3.5 ounce CO2 bottles

Discussion in 'General' started by Tugboat, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I asked this in another thread, but I'd like to float it again...

Does anyone know of a reasonably-priced source for 3.5 ounce bottles? These are important for cruisers, and I'd like to find a place cheaper than $65. I know 9 ounce bottles can be had much cheaper, but they're too big for most CA's. I'm not just asking because I want to stock them, it would be good info for all of us if one of us can post the info on here.

*Also, the bottles in question need the on-off valve at the top, not the push valve that a lot seem to.

Thanks for taking the time to read it!

2. klibben

klibben Member

can't you change the valve?

3. Tugboat

Yeah, but that adds more money, as me buying a box of valves and a box of bottles is more expensive than buying the 2 combined from a company that buys them by the gross (or more). If I can't get them together, I will buy them separately and combine them, just not my optimal solution.

4. Mark

Mark Active Member

try walmart

5. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

what about a local hobby store?

6. Tugboat

Alas, living in rural Georgia does not lend itself to "hobby stores". They're either a fable, or something that exists only in places where people outnumber the cows.

*In fact, in early 2009 my small town is getting 2 stores that bode well: Books-a-Million and Hobby Lobby. Hopefully we'll see some civilization then. (Yeah, yeah, I was hoping for a Borders or B&N, but I'll take a BAM...)

7. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

I have searched and searched myself for bottles with the proper valves. So far the best I can do is get said valves for about $20 and bottles for about $35 and then add the proper valves, but I need to add Anti Siphon tubes to vales so far. I got 2 valves and no bottles so far.

8. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Tug,

I did a google search and found 3.5oz CO2 cylinders (w/pin valves) for $23.50 each. Here's the link:

http://www.bulldogpaintball.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2

The same search revealed another (non-paintball) place selling them for $24+shipping. See http://www.cycle-tek.com/html/Components.htm

I know nothing about either place, and never heard of them before I did the google search, so caveat empor...

Carl

9. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

BDE sell the 3.5oz bottles without the valves.
    Are they listed on this server anywhere??
    I never checked.
    Mikey

10. dietzer

BTW, if you want another option, I've stumbled upon a source of 88g non-refillable CO2 cartridges meant for use in airsoft pistols. See http://www.umarexusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=214 . These are also available on ebay for roughly half the price. Crosman also sells these 88g cartridges.

I'm now thinking of using these in my 1/96 Shimakaze. 88g is roughly 3.1 oz, and this type of cartridge should be lighter than a standard 3.5 oz CO2 tank, which is what I was originally planning to use. And I need to save all the weight I can...

Carl

11. Tugboat

Mikey, they're listed :)

Carl, those cost $21/pair! For one use! :O ¡Ay carajo!

12. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Hi Tugboat..
    In Dec. 2007, I purchase my 3.5oz bottles for Wasaga Paintball, and they buy them from a supplier in Toronto.. I pay average $35-40 CDN for on/off valve 3.5oz bottles.

A company called Gas Cylinder Technologies from Windsor Ont. makes them at their parent company in the U.S., but I bought locally through Ont. as well... I forget how much I paid in 2000. I bought 6 botles and I think I pd $25 ea. for pin valve, then purchased on/off valves on top of that....

I hope this helps..

Mark
    OAF

13. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Catalina cylinders, one of the manufacturers (in Calif, I believe) sells them without the valves, but I believe it is a minimum case order. Don't remember the price, offhand, though, but it seemed pretty reasonable if you needed a bunch, or someone wanted to sponsor a group order.

Cooper-T, incidentally, sells custom made refillable 1oz aluminum tanks with an integrated slide valve. About 1" diameter but about 10" long, as I recall.

Cheers,

14. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Tug
    I can pick up a couple 3.5oz bottles from BDE for you if you like.
    No valves. I think they around 25.00 each or something like that.
    He has around 20 of them last time I spoke with him.
    Mikey

15. dietzer

Tug,

Yeah, I know. But they're going for half that on ebay. And I'll likely only battle a couple of times a year...

Carl

16. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

I got mine on eBay last year for paint ball I think I paid $20 with shipping brand new

17. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I got mine from Palmers for $40 each. You have to specifiy the size (3.5) and the on/off valve.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=187

18. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

not bad but after 11.50 shipping for me it is OUCH just go with battlers conection at that point

19. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

you must get better pricing than me. I have to pay 59 plus 10.50 shipping so on dollars alone I would rather pay the 51.50 instead of 69.50 at BC

20. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

heres a good $ for the on/off valve http://www.spyder-paintball.com/03-0703.shtml