Looking For <3.5 unit ship cut with SS

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Libertad, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Libertad

Libertad New Member

So I've realized over the years now that I have time to quickly assemble electronics, but not too build a hull from scratch. I'd love to get battling, and short of the spiders in the basement trying to assemble them my wood and fiberglass hull ships in the basement are no closer then they were four years ago.

I'd still like to assemble my own electronics though. If you've got a 3.5 or smaller ship that has hull cut, decks and superstructure let me know. Rudder and props would be cool too but I'd love to do the rest. I know sounds lazy but I'm trying to get in the water. Weird ships are a plus, anything from spain/LA or your not so typical countries a double plus, but at this point I'll battle what I can get.

I'm In chanhassen MN, let me know if you have something that might fit the bill.

2. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

3. Libertad

Libertad New Member

Once I get a ship in the water I will. I'm looking at the PPB pond right now from my desk, sad not having a completed ship after buying my first ship plans 15 years ago....

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  4. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Bob and the pond are in Chanhassen you should stop in and talk to him. He lives about 2 blocks from the pond.

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

He is also a really big PRINCE fan.. he wept

6. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

You live in a town with a EVERY active club

7. Libertad

Libertad New Member

These are all the more reasons why I want to get going. Young kids, tons of work and no model building experience has kept me from getting in the water. Got tons or R/C and fabrication experience though. I'll admit although I didn't tell my wife, moving nearby an active pond was a part of my Minnesota decision.

8. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Check with those guys, they may have ships they are willing to sell (they just don't post it on here). You can probably even try before you buy, they are a very active group. @Bob

9. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Bro, come down to the pond for our next battle. seriously. Jason's a woodworking champ and might have a hull laying around that he's not using. I bought one off of him this summer and the thing is built like a rock. a floating rock. you get my point.

There's likely an unused hull matching your description sitting in Minneapolis gathering dust.

@Bob can get you on the mailing list too.

10. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Oh you're kidding, you live in the same town as me and work by our pond!
    Do you work at Emerson, my brother works there.
    We are having one more battle this fall. Either Sept 8/9 or Sept 15/16. If you show up we will have a ship you can battle. There are several for sale in there area in different states of readiness. The nearest to battle ready would be Ron's North Carolina. If you put a battery in it you could battle it tomorrow. It's a pretty nice ship and in good shape still. I have a South Dakota that was once battled but needs the internals reinstalled. It could be ready by our battle, if you and I really work at it a few days. I have a Scharnhorst hull and a Radetsky Hull to sell. Tyler has a Derflinger that is getting closer to battle ready and a Prince Eugene that needs work.
    There are others laying around that could also be had but would need work.

rcaircraftnut and NickMyers like this.
  11. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

One of these days, I'd really like to see the stacks of hulls PPB has kicking around. Tell you what, I was sanding up that hull I bought from Jason last night, and discovered that the thing was built like a tank. he used laminated ply to fill between the ribs. this thing is bomb-proof.