3d Printers and Printing Parts

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by NickMyers, Feb 14, 2015.

1. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Looks like the prices listed in the article are for assembled printers. The latest Original Prusa i3 MK2S kit is currently $699. That's the printer I'm saving up for...

3. ish311

ish311 Active Member

i currently have a original prusa i3 and it is the most hands off printer i have used so far. auto-leveling is 9 point and as long as you do your initial z calibrations right and have a stable table for it to sit on it works well. rostock auto-leveling kit is hit and miss.

4. absolutek

You had the older v2 kit iirc? I know I haven't had any issues with leveling on the v3.

5. ish311

ish311 Active Member

i have a v3 preassembled by prusia. didn't have the time to build it. the last leveling point sometimes likes to crash. the lash on the x was off. and the z slipped until the bearings wore in. and one of the set screws was completely loose.

6. absolutek

No, I was talking about the Rostock Max.

7. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Original Prusa i3 MK2S 3D printer
    Looks interesting, but currently a 10 week wait...

8. ish311

ish311 Active Member

oh thought he was talking about the mk2 v3 . i have a mk2 2 upgraded to a v3. everything but the frame is the same but the nozzle is crashing super hard into the bed and not doing a good job calibrating at all. talked to seemecnc for a week on it and they kinda just gave up after a sent them a video of the calibration circle trying to cut it's way from about 1 o'clock to 4 o'clock on the circular pattern. didn't mater what i did with the build plate in terms of shimming either.