A Big hello from Paris Tennessee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by blacksheep, May 28, 2008.

1. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Just an update... the 1/8 plywood should arrive Monday.

2. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

I knew i had seen a tutorial on working with plans somewhere:

https://ntxbg.org/KnowledgeBase/?category_id=45&menuaction=phpbrain.uikb.view_article&art_id=5

This is kind of basic, but it may help.

3. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

thanks man,basic is prolly where i need to start anyway.Have you started on your build yet?Ive not decided on the ship,im not real hip on the EB or the PE,kinda got my sights set on an american cruiser the USS Boston or the like.For real i could build a pt boat and play cause there is nothing like warship combat in these parts.Ive not seen an R/C boat period around here,mostly planes and heli's.So till i get a ship built and get out on the water with it,Im on my own except for ya'll here on the forums.Ship to shore target practice is about the best i can shoot for till someone happens along thats willing to build a boat and play with me.If im going to spend the time and money to build one i might as well build some american muscle and just add weapons as i can.purhaps a single rotating cannon and build from there.
    Does the local law mess with you guys when fighting in public domain say the lake at the city park ?what type of insanity should i expect from that sort of senerio?Do ya'll build your cannons or buy them?I think im going to try to build one first,cause i know i can build it at a fraction of the charge BC is charging.weather i can build a working model is yet to be seen tho.The plans ive seen seem to be modified brass fittings,pretty basic at that.[ex http://www.ircwcc.com/manual/GUNS/GUNS.HTM ]I have a few bookmarked on my pc but it blew up yesterday and im on the daughters now,but thats the first one i found doing a google search.what is ya'lls input on this?

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Most clubs have their own insurance (MWC) or have you by NAMBA insurance.
    Some cities will say no if you ask them about useing a pond in a park becuase they have a no bb rule. Other cities have the no bb rule but don't care what you do. Best bet is to use a pond that is out of the way so not a lot of people or buildings are close to it. Go and use it, if someone ask you to leave, leave. We had a cop stop by at a battle. He looked at the ships asked a few questions and took off.
    Buy your first set of guns. Unless you have someone to help you make them in person. If your guns aren't made correctly they will not work. If they don't work, battling is no fun. Unless you buy the brass & copper in large quantities you can't touch BC's price. I've been buying parts through a supplier for whole sale prices 30+ of each part per order. I save $3 per gun. Hardly worth the 2 hours per gun needed to build them. Last time I looked at Home Depot the T is $5, elbow is $3, cap $1, flare fitting $3, o-ring $.50, copper tub in 20' length, don't remember that one. Plus the Small Parts order of stainless for the barrles, springs, ss screws. Little brass peices from the hobby store, hose from Clipart. Not worth it for a new guy.

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Don't forget you'll need an end mill and a good drill press. Better to have a mill but those things cost even more.

6. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

This is prolly the way i'll go,I have a few freinds that have ponds on there property or at least access to them.As for the cannons,This is a learning thing for me,no disrespect intended and all input is overwhelmingly welcomed.

1 Unit for Z-Class or Mogador Class 1 Ships
    CSYS1 $61.00

my understanding of this which could be completely wrong,but this looks to me like 1 single barrel cannon,no attachments [ie-hoses bottle regulators nothing just the cannon&mag].even with your home depot numbers im not seeing 1/2 of 60 bucks.now I totally agree with you that buying one is the better way to go,cause your rite without some guidance Id prolly waste alot of material before even the slightest success would come about.but ya have to admit it does look pretty simple in design.as for tools,when my job is back up and running I'll have access to all the tools needed except for a mill