A.R.C.C. - CWC-X (Canadian Warship Combat- Extreme) 09 Show report

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Sep 14, 2009.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

:) Ok guys this thread will begin today with news on the preparations of the show leading into the show and the after show report. There will be pictures posted here so stay tuned.
    Preparations: The Organizers got back to me and this time the Hobby SHow will be hosted in a new location central in the City at the Arts and Culture Center here in St.John's. The facilty has many advantages over the small motel that hosted the event the last few years. Parking is a huge plus. Better lighting and larger rooms. Did I say Location location location?
    So far the floor plan is still being worked out. I do know that there are available 3 35x35 ft rooms. These were galleries. If that is correct lighting won' t be a problem. I think they have a svc elevator to get to the upper floors of the Bldg..I hope.
    Electrical access is limited in these rooms but I only need access to an outlet or pair to run the TV and dvd player.
    So heres what I plan to display. A large poster board with the components attached on the board with a small descriptoin what it is and what it does. I had a board similiar with the RC tank guts attached and that seem to draw interest to the Tanks so I will do the same for RC Combat. I will use my other boards showing newspaper clippings from the sport, pictures from battles ect.
    The bulk of the tables will be occupied by Yamato, Bismarck, Roma, Warspite, Tirpitz, Von der Tan, Erebuse Pow, Graff, Konig, Strassburg, Vu. BB firing box setup , Videos and source material.
    The remainder of the display will have the RC Tanks, Submarines, Helicopter and Planes. I will be setting up a battlefield to demonstrate the Tank battles IR and airsoft firing.
    Hoping to attract a lot of people to the display. I got some volunteers this time to help.
    Time to get Bismarck finished for the show. :woot:

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

good luck with the show Curt. Do you have any help this year?

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Yes I think this year I wll have help. Tom Cromwell for sure.My GF Faye and Tom's GF. My co-worker and possible 2 other people. I need a lot of people.
    I just came back from the Art and Culture Center and spoke to the office that handles the facilities. I got a tour of the rooms and they are huge!! If I can pull this off this will be my largest display yet and most interactive.

4. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I would like to see some video of this.

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I will try to get video of the show. That's another volunteer. Meeting with the organizer tomorrow to see the rooms again and see what I can setup.

Think I will drop the "X" in CWC-X and just leave it as CWC( Canadian Warship Combat)

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

If there is anything i can do just let me know. Would you care for a sample of shot up balsa? :)

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Lol Surrrre why not. Does it come with ICING?

8. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Hey I represent that fact!!!!

I said I was sorry....:blink:

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

My boat resembles that remark :woot::whistling:

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

We should build the USS Cakeboss.

11. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Good luck Curt, make us proud!!! (again)
    J

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hopefully I can make it work. The details of the display are being ironed out.

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Update: I got to meet the Head Organizer of the show and the rep for Cultural Affairs. We had a look at the 3 rooms. I was given first dibs on a room and where I wanted to set up. That was becasue I had a floor plan already laid out when I snuck in a visit before this actually meeting. It allowed me to get a jump start on a floor plan for the display. So far I am alloted 36 ft of space by 12 feet deep. 10 tables in total. I have new display boards made. A total of 8 display foam boards screened with felt to post pics and posters with velcor. Yay no more thumbtacks. I have all the tablecloths I need. I received the IRCWCC Nats combat video from bb26 which was great to watch escpecialy the Night Battles. So far Yamato, Roma , Bismarck , Warspite will be displayed as completed ships. Full kits for display will have Konig, Vdt(partially built) Nagato. Hulls cut out will be POW, Graf, Tirpitz is not a kit but it sure looks like one with the Superstructure and Hull and main and 2ndary guns. That leaves the Mighty Mo kit from Strike Models if it arrives in time and then I have the uncut hulls in the form of Dunkerque and Vu. The bb firing demo will be on a seperate table off the display for demos. I found my combat videos which there are many to choose from there.
    So far so good.

14. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Stokomoto, I believe Stephen is touching base with you on the Mighty Mo. When is the event? And would you like a bunch of postcards to hand out? We had a couple of thousand full-color postcards with boat/combat pictures on the front and FAQs about the hobby on the back done up, and still have some left. They do have the WWCC logo on them, but we can send along a couple of dozen. We're in the process of getting a new batch of postcards made up that will have a blank space for clubs to put their contact information.

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hey that would be great. Sure send them with my order if you like. Hope fully the order will arrive here before the show. Customs usually hang onto orders for a while. That's ok about the logo no problem there. Any info will help for the display. :)
    Thanks !!

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Update. Half the wall and large table poster displays are completed. They been updated with new photos and material. No more TACKS!! Yippee.
    So far so good.

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I just watched one of the videos from Can-nats 06. It was great seeing the ships again. Watched the Saint John NB event where I got my butt raked by Musashi. That was one of my favorite sinks.The old VHS tapes are still holding up quite well.

18. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I have that on DVD Curt if you would want me to burn it and send it to you

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thanks bb26. I think I have that as well. I will have to check on that.

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well just finished up a Bio on Yamato in pictures. All the Photo boards are done. Just laying out a RC CBT equipment board. Does anyone have cut away diagrams of how the cannons work. If I could get them they would be great to display on my board.
    Home stretch this week to get things ready. I will have 2 days off prior to get the remaining details ironed out. I still need to touch up Bismarck and secure the turrets, make the stern and bow flag ensigns. Yamato needs her wiring for her lights resoldered. Got to have lights ready. It needs touch up as well. Then I need to locate the kit superstructures and get them together for Konig, VDT, Tirpitz,and MO.
    The firing board for the bb demo needs its cannons, a poppet valve, receiveor, rx battery and regulator and lines installed again. So I am almost there.