A ship to work on?

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by totaldestruction, Jul 20, 2009.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Oh the car is was a 2 door hatchback Hyundai Excel

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Now I load Yamato, Roma, equipment, dog, GF, and support equipment, barbecure ect in a Hyundai 4 door accent.

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

And seeing the Hatchback Accent carry all of this stuff was amazing

4. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Curt should see me when I load up the 2003 Corvette and go battle. It is hard to believe I can fit all I do in her.

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Geez I love to see how you managed that!

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Geez I love to see how you managed that!

7. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

You can say that again. LOL

8. Knight4hire

Ok Ryan:
    Have you contacted a club yet?

9. totaldestruction

totaldestruction Active Member

Noi have not, still trying to find rules. I like the mabg rules except they dont really support new wepoanry. like there are no rules whatsoever about torpedoes and stuff, just 1/4 inch cannons.

10. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Most clubs are going to only have 1/4 guns or 1/4 rods as torpedoes. 1/144 scale torpedoes are not really viable unless you get into safety concern type designs.

11. totaldestruction

I dont mind 1/4 tubeing but i didnt see anything on that.

12. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

different clubs have different rules. I'd say 1/4" bearings work fine, and nothing else is really needed.

13. Knight4hire

We are doing some R&D on torpedos.
    Once we have something that works, the club shall work out the rules for its use.

14. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Several clubs have rules for different torpedo designs. So far as I know, the WWCC is the only club that has tried them. Soldering a 3/4" long brass tube on to a 1/4" bb decreases its drag when moving through water, and can extend a submarine torpedo's maximum range by several inches, but may plug the very hole it creates. Using a .24 bullet (the part that goes flying, not the whole thing plus gunpowder) launched blunt-end first has a similar effect, except that it is less likely to plug the hole it creates. These only apply to submarine-launched torpedoes. Ship-launched torpedoes must be 1/4" balls, because anything else tumbles through the air and rips out entire panels of balsa, wrecking the game's balance

15. totaldestruction

ok that sounds good except a .24 bullet being in there. im not concerened about fire, but thats definatly going to go through any part on a boat, and not to mention danger of hitting peoples should the sub suddenly flip up while fireing.
    I think i realized something though, should the rod get stuck far enough out, and a boat get too close running along the side it might knock that rod around and do some massive damage.

16. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

That's an issue that the Queen's Own 1/72 scale club discovered. They allow 1/4" x scale length rod for torpedoes, and they've got a few photos of that exact scenario happening.

On the .24 bullet thing, it's NOT propelled by gunpowder. It's not the bullet, shell casing, and gunpowder thing. It's the projectile itself, the part that goes flying when a real gun fires. When propelled by CO2 or compressed air, blunt-end first, it is no more dangerous than a 1/4" ball bearing. It's just got more mass and a better hydrodynamic shape, giving it better underwater range. It still meets the exact same penetration tests as every other Big Gun cannon.

17. Knight4hire

So far with MABG rule set, we use a single shot 1/4 cannon to simulate a torpedo.

But as I said there is a lot of R&D out there.

It can change.

And when it does, I shall have my PT fleet!!!!!!!! (Add evil laugh)

18. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

I only have one issue with using bullets for torp projectiles. They're made from lead, a toxic metal, dangerous to humans and wildlife and would not be permitted here for that reason.
    However, there are all sorts of shapes of steel polishing media available, some of which may be suitable.

19. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

They make lead free bullets as well now. They cost a little (a lot) more than jacketed lead (somewhere around $0.20 - $0.50 USD / bullet in the size we're discussing) though.

20. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I have never heard of that. Very thoughtful indeed. I wouldn't want anyone to get lead poisoning if I had to shoot them.
    Mikey