A what if

Discussion in 'Scenarios / Gameplay' started by gunner250, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

I was thing the days of Boarding ships were over :)
    Nikki

2. Jeromy

Jeromy Member

We board pilots and agents frequently while underway. Sometimes by helo but mostly by pilot vessel or C.G Cutter. Not Exactly combat but the attitude displayed by some of the agents you would think it was....

3. NASAAN101

O ok! I wasn't sure :)
    Nikki

4. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Try a 4.5meter RHIB trying to do a passenger transfer in 6-8ft seas between two 1300ton minesweepers on the port side of the fantail. Talk about a serious pucker factor... watching the tops of the screws clear the water less than 10ft away, then getting sucked under the fantail with each swell only for the drop of the hull to push you out just in time to not get flipped! I have done it twice as the coxswain. I have never had a bigger adrenaline rush or thought I was so close to dying!

5. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

110% to 120% puckering I would guess. :D

6. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Two times I've been on a dive boat, about 70-80' long, when we've had to have a fellow diver evacuated by helicopter. That's also an interesting mating dance. It's easier for the helicopter to maintain a steady course than it is to hover, so after the helicopter comes to the boat's location, the boat then proceeds on a straight course while the helicopter follows, matching the pace, and then drops the basket, etc.

7. NASAAN101

Keri,
    A little off topic, But My mom was an EMT from when I was about 3 up til I was about 9, And this was back before the had all the rules, I was allow to go with her on calls!
    Nikki

8. gunner250

gunner250 Active Member

you also have to thing about the people on machine guns and 20mm anti aircraft it wouldn't truly hurt the ship the sodak shot it's own sea planes off the back aft of the ship during an engagement probably started a small fire but no heavy damage so a 20mm round would probably bounce off.

9. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Gang, this thread is getting more and more implausible. Let's abandon it before we start adding in spaceships to the mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.