Accuracy

Discussion in 'General' started by Kotori87, Aug 3, 2011.

1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Jeez Mikey,
    That just crazy!!! The reason i was ask is, My dad and i starting talking about this, I was thing it was closer to 350FPS!!!
    Nikki

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Nope. As far as I know, there has been no recorded BB shot faster than 300 feet per second. At least no BB shot out of a fast gun cannon with no more than 150 psi pressure behind it.

3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

ya!! Last year, I almost got hit, and i thing that way Steven Andrews called me up with him! But anyway! has anyone ever clocked them or what???
    Nikki

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

@Iceman I have had several opportunities to try non-rotating guns. They are standard fare as torpedoes on DDs and CLs, but I think my battleship experiences would be more relevant. I've fought several battles with fried or stripped rotation mechanisms, where all I could do was set the guns to one side or the other before battle. It may have improved my hit rate slightly, but the opportunity cost was great. Without rotation, I missed far more opportunities to shoot, resulting in less than half my usual expenditure of ammunition. Since the gain (if any) was unnoticeable, the end result was far less damage dished out, for the same amount of damage taken.

5. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Nikki,

Recorded means clocked, so yes.

6. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Interesting,
    Your opportunities were lessened. I understand the rate of fire thing so you would get "the shot" and then have to move off. We battle until out of ammo so I assumed you would battle until you were out of ammo. Others having the rotates would cause you to manuever to stay out of gun ranges.
    Accuracy would still be how many times you hit vs how many times you shot. You would just have to move in for more shots placing your boat in harm's way more often.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

In BG without the Reverse option using a fixed Turret will lessen your accuracy particularly if your not used to maneuving your ship to aim the cannon at a moving target or fixed target. I would think the scale ratio for accuracy rating would be different for BG as opposed to FG.