Add A "Useful Links" Section????

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by Cannonman, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

I for one, am constantly searching thru these forums looking for that link that that guy posted to find that thing that does that stuff....... and I usually can't find it, even though I've read the post somewhere, and know it exists. I'm wondering if it would be possible and useful to have a dedicated area on the forum for people to post these links??? Maybe even have a "Useful Links" main section with a few sub sections for things like electronics, building materials, radio equipment and so on.
    :woot: I for one do like the new smileys!! :p

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Yeah... I think we do need something like that. I've not found a really good 'links' module yet.

3. phill

phill Active Member

What about under the Wiki? Set up a few sections, History, books, plans, kits and parts, electronics, electrical, pneumatics and so forth.
    Ideally, each link would come with a description of what you will find and possibly good and bad points found when working with this source.

Nibbles1 likes this.
  4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Now that is a GREAT idea phil!

It wouldn't take anything to take an old post, clean it up a little & repost it on the WIKI! I'll even do the first one to give a demo.

Please give me a link you'd like to see wiki'd.

5. phill

phill Active Member

http://www.smallparts.com/
    An excellent source of materials. Particularly, the springs for fast gun style interrupters.

http://www.radicalrc.com/shop/
    Dave's rc stuff. A great source for servos and servo wiring. A goo source of NiCad,Nmh and LiPo batteries. Also hosts a crystal swap. Cheap shipping makes small orders of parts reasonable!