Admiral Sparrow's Graf Spee

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Craig, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

To pass on a little info, rough sand the cintra and use plumbers goop, same parts have been glued together for two years now.
    Now back to the regularly scheduled build thread ;)
    J

2. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

Any update on how well this gearbox araingement held up Jack? I'm thinking of trying the same thing to get my guns pointed in the right direction. With the bottom screws cut off and what looked like a minimal amount of fibreglass I was curious to see how she did? What pinion did you have to use to get her to speed?
    Thanks

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Oh You have the Graf Spee? I thought Craig had it. He was supposed to get Cannons from it for his NC for me to install.

4. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

As far as I know Craig still has the Graf Spee. I have the Adm Scheer and was just ring how this gearbox mod did after a season or two because I am in the process of doing the same mod to my ship.

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I'm running my Graf Spee on a single 550 in treaty, and I love it. the motor gets a little warm, but I'm running a snap on heat sink on it and it's had no problems at all. I haven't run it at IRCWCC speeds though so ymmv

6. SuZWolf

SuZWolf Member

I'm building a Deutschland class cruiser as well and wanted to know how did you do the set up of the motor. you said that you used one 550 size. do you have some pictures?

would be great!

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I remember Craig using the gearbox with the reversed engine mount. I don 't think it was successful as the fit was tight and it interfered with the coil cannon mount. He hasn't been active for a few years and his ships he has now are in storage.

I used 2 motors each on their own shaft direct drive for 2 Lutzows and they both worked well .