AHHHHHH! My motors won't run

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by radollar2000, Apr 24, 2009.

1. phill

phill Active Member

I've looked really closely at the Trossenrobotics site. The 9A BaneBot controller looks interesting but I'd like to know more. It looks like it needs to be waterproofed in such a way that the LED's are still visible. I'm also curious as to how well is actually works in one of our ships. I'm thinking of putting it in a destroyer with two 380's and little space. Have you triggered the shutdown mode in battle and how well does it recover from that?
    Thanks!

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

perhaps cover the leds with silicone then scotchkote or epoxy around that

3. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I have yet to sink my boat with Trossenrobotics controller in it. But another member of our club also purchased a Trossenrobotics mototr controller, and has sunk their boat several times not with no ill effects.

We did cut the shrink wrap off and hit the board with scotchkote.

The folks at Trossenrobotics told me that if we make enough of a demand for this product that they would be interestred in making a water proof version of it!

4. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

Do you use the 9amp Trossenrobotics as well? I am just curious if it could be put in a dry box like micro switches. Or is it more like a ESC which many say should not go in the dry box for due to potential for overheating.

5. Knight4hire

I plan to put that one in my Tirpritz when the time comes.
    One of the other folks in my group is planning on using it.

6. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

My main question is can they be put in a dry box unlike ESCs? When it comes to ESC's nearly every mention of them seem to be not in the dry box due to heat issues.

7. Knight4hire

You would have to call the company on that one.
    Drop them an email. I am sure that one of their tech's would be happy to give you the answer.
    I think that it would be a good thing if someone else beside me contacts them.

As soon as the Mid West guys are up and runing again, I was going to suggest to them to invite a tech from Trossen's to visit one of their meets!