Ahoy there from south Louisiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SplashGordan, Oct 13, 2020.

1. SplashGordan

SplashGordan New Member

New guy from about as far south in Louisiana as you can get. I picked up a fiberglass model battleship hull at a garage sale. It is either a Tirpitz or Bismarck hull I am sure. It is approx, 69,3 " and 9 and a shade over 3/4" wide. White hull with what appears to be blue gel coat or paint on the interior. Any info on hull or where to get plans for superstructure would be appreciated. Oh by the way hull was not purchased in La, or even the states I bought it in Dartmouth Nova Scotia for $50 (US).

2. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

you have a couple options for each.
    strikemodels has parts and plans
    Battlers connection has full kits and hulls.
    modelshipsahoy does hulls.

All 3 are represented here in addition to some custom modifications from captains. I’m sure they can all speak for themselves. You’ve come to the right place for RC Naval Combat.

side note: going off the ship list specifications For the Bismarck it sounds like you have a 1/144th scale hull. More suited to the fast gun rules. Pictures help out a lot too here. We all love pictures.

3. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Panzer likes this.
  4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

There is a big battle coming up right in your neck of the woods you should come up and check it out for sure.