Ahoy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nateseadog, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Nateseadog

Nateseadog Active Member

Hello all,
    Always been intrigued by this hobby/sport!

I watched some videos years ago And thought to myself man that looks like fun! I’m gonna build one someday. .

I have never been around the hobby, and I am unsure if there are any battles still going on in Australia? Restrictions doesn’t sound good, surely they could sort a special licence? maybe in Northern Territory? (Anyway I will build a boat first! Try make that work, and be rules legal. Even if I cannot arm it yet, perhaps one day . .)

Thanks all for such a great resource! I stumbled across some great videos on here. Wood vs fibreglass particularly and lots of build threads. . That got me inspired, I have plenty of scrap timber and plywood! So I thought I’ll just scale my 1/350 HMS Kent up to 1/144 and see what the deck shape looks like. So I cut that out and here we go! D8561428-665B-4B7C-A7E7-5A3487013ECD.png

Mark41, notSoGnarly and Beaver like this.
  2. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

welcome aboard.

3. Nateseadog

Nateseadog Active Member

Thanks mate!

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I think the AusBG is still active, although their internet presence is in rather short supply. They are a Big Gun group, so while the ships are the same scale, some of the rules and hardware is different from what you'll find on here.
    https://www.ausbg.org/index.html

Nateseadog likes this.
  5. Nateseadog

Nateseadog Active Member

Ok Thankyou, will look into this