aircraft carrier Shinano

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by wfirebaugh, Mar 26, 2019.

1. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

How would the Japanese carrier Shinano stack up to any U.S. or Brittish carriers point wise and size, or would it be dimishin return in play.

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Carriers in general are not well-handled by any format. The Shinano is even worse off than most carriers, both IRL and in-game, since it had a very small plane complement for its size. As launched, it was more of a support/maintenance platform with lots of spare parts and enough planes for a CAP than a front-line strike platform. Who knows what it might have been modified into though, since it was sunk before it was completed.

3. wfirebaugh

Yes I agree, being out fresh of the assembly and out 10 days at sea... They weren't ready for combat in any capacity.

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

I have one and it is bigger than most as it is built on a Yamato hull. It does take longer to sink because of the hull volume and it is HEAVY when you pull it out of the water...

5. wfirebaugh

I have a question about the rear side openings on a yamoto. How are those rear opings treated during a build, are they treated like a casemates during the build process?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  6. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

You get the 3/8 deck at the top and an 1/8 string at the bottom of the inset. The part in between is penetrable.