airplanes

Discussion in 'General' started by lalimerulez, May 1, 2007.

1. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I can see where this discussion can turn very ugly!
    But, I feel that it is a topic that will need to be addressed sooner or later.
    As RC gear becomes smaller, lighter, and cheaper, aircraft in 144 scale will become a reality.
    Aircraft participation in a sea conflict is a fact.
    It is coming where one day, somebody will show up at a meet with a 144 scale B-25 with an operational ΒΌ inch cannon sticking out of it. (That somebody may even be me!)
    But this hobby is based upon Battleship Vs. Battleship combat.
    Thus, I feel that aircraft, though cool and a historical fact, should not be a part of official competition combat.

Knight
    USAF ret.

2. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Predread, the post I didn't like was Tomas's... Relying on wind for scale effects isn't going to work... and I think he was joking anyway. I may be mistaken, but weren't dirigibles used in WWI anchored to boats? I seem to foggily remember something about observation posts. Would make it really hard for the planes to manuver :)

Mike

3. Knight4hire

Off the top of my head, I recall reading about German Dirigibles bombing London durning WWI.

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Like barrage balloons, that would look neat...air defense and recovery float all in one.

5. tomasa8

tomasa8 New Member

I was just joking. Here is a site were you can buy very small planes. http://www.plantraco.com/ I think you were right about the day coming whene air plans get so small. These planes can fly with some wind but not much. I have no ideam of how much they can carry but i am sure someone will buy it to see it it will work in battle.

6. Knight4hire

WOW what a web site!
    It looks like there is no payload for those aircraft!
    Maybe if a high lift wing was added.........

7. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

nice but if i cant kill it. it cant play. safty 1st. bbs in air no good

8. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Use a "cannon" that fires blasts of compressed air and tears the wings off them....no projectile to cause a hazard, and no airplane.

9. Knight4hire

I was thinking of Confetti cannons myself.....

10. tomasa8

tomasa8 New Member

see we may have the tec. to make little fighter planes.

11. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

Maybe build that Russian Saucer Ship that was made in the 1800's put a plane on it and move it around on the pond like a regular combat vessel. Put regular guns or spurt guns in it. Maybe have fire in all directions since this would represent more than one plane I would guess.I know it is nuts. This thing would have to be faster than anything on the pond. I suppose an auto shut off target mounted on this thing to kill it. Ramble,ramble.